DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I was told unofficially
if the officer can't see what your hands are doing without pressing his face close the glass, your getting a ticket

when an officer ( city, county, state, or federal ) is walking toward my truck, i roll down both front windows, if its night time, i also turn on my inside lights. My wrists then go on the steering wheel, unclenched
i don't want them getting nervous, my long beard & hair puts them on guard enough
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM
Trim Level: QC SLT 2WD
Color: Almond Pearl, Blacked Out
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:65
RAMING IT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
I was told unofficially
if the officer can't see what your hands are doing without pressing his face close the glass, your getting a ticket

when an officer ( city, county, state, or federal ) is walking toward my truck, i roll down both front windows, if its night time, i also turn on my inside lights. My wrists then go on the steering wheel, unclenched
i don't want them getting nervous, my long beard & hair puts them on guard enough

Thats a great technique to avoid any mishapps on the officers part lol.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4X4 Hemi
Trim Level: 4X4 SLT Hemi
Color: Light greystone
Rep:54
Boubou will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was told unofficially

I was going to start bringing both windows down as well if stopped in future. The inside light and hands on steering wheel is great advise. Thank you!
I will do this for sure. During the day, same but no interior light.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
pall2509 is on a distinguished road

Great info, thanks for the work!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
I was going to start bringing both windows down as well if stopped in future. The inside light and hands on steering wheel is great advise. Thank you!
I will do this for sure. During the day, same but no interior light.
I just go ahead and put my hands on the steering wheel, I have a concealed weapons permit and my .40 is by my left ankle. They always walk up with there hand on the holster and ask where it is, I say by my left ankle and they thank me for where my hands r and i tell him he can open the door if it makes them feel any better. haha i got out of the last small speed ticket cuz i was being so "cooperative", really i think he just wanted to get away from my gun!

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Old 10-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Happen frequently does it?

Seriously though, great advice for anyone. As someone who carries a weapon it's what I do.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

I can make new jerseys real easy if its aftermarket its illeagal lol i hatd living there and there stupid inspections
Old 10-01-2011, 02:08 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Metallic Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:75
nYmPhMoBiLe08 will become famous soon enough

Every motor vehicle subject to registration and operated on a highway shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and no such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cut-off, bypass, or similar device. No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all of the requirements of this section.

Load of crap...

Current MODS: | Bilstein 5100's (Front) | Monroe Coil Overs (Rear) | Tow Mirrors | Husky Tool Box | Plasti-Dipped Badges/Gas Cap | 295/70/17" Nitto Trail Grapplers | 17X9" Fuel Boost Wheels | 3" DMH Cutout | RT Stripes \\ | WeatherTech Floor Liners |
Old 10-01-2011, 03:21 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Laramie cc rambox
Color: brillant black
Rep:29
facehugger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was told unofficially

Wow !
Sorry for that, but i had to smile a lot while reading such posts.
As far in switzerland you won't ever see such a situation like that.

Cops here are most friendly and would never think suspicous if you wouldn't do any of those things

Just get a little small talk with em and it's fine. Ok exept you've done something really bad - whatever.

I was only once in FL/USA in 1994 and allready then at the airport i was thinking there must be loads of bad guys in case of the security and how the acting.

Also i guess if maybe a swiss guy would come into a police control on the roads of USA he would act of course wrong and would be fastly taken out of the car lol

Hard business you guys have over there.
Recon smoked headlights, taillights & 3rd brake light - tribal Grille insert - grille blacked out - Gibson catback split exhaust system - oval premium side steps - spray in bedliner - Diablosport Trinity 93 oct tune - air deflector chrome style - Volant CAI - carbon dash kit - interior LED replacements - Arrington 90mm tb - Bakflip
Old 10-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram Sport 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:40
SonsOfAnder is on a distinguished road

Great thread. In my experience, the actions you take when pulled over make more of a difference than any statutes that may apply. Roll front windows down half way, remove keys from ignition and place visibly on dash, empty hands on steering wheel, and dome light on. Make the officer feel as safe as possible when he or she approaches your truck and it will go a LONG way toward diffusing the situation.
As long as you are not being pulled for something really stupid, this is likely to result in a warning rather than a ticket. Most of the cops I know are regular dudes that like trucks, cars, bikes, etc., and will respond to your attitude more than the myriad laws in effect. Many of them run the same mods as the rest of us.
Act pissy though, and you might be surprised at how many regs they can pull out of their azz.
My wife, a cute blond nurse, can get away with murder though....