DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cold Air Intake

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Barnyard 
#1 ·
Hey, I'm looking to put a cold air intake into my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi. Has anyone put one in their truck and what can you tell me about it? What brand is good and what series you are running and did you notice a difference in your truck? Thanks!

#11 ·
ok i going to be nice and a dic* at the same time. but search there so many about cai on this site. just telling you that if you go to dt and say that ooo god you are gettign flammed. varram and bfi are good intakes. how much you wanna spend there alot of stuff involved
DSPTYWCADET09 get pacesetter headers make sure ur 4x4 tell me if they fit thanks :box2:
Man what are you talking about hahahahha.

I do not mean to be rude I just dont know what the heck your talking about. Sorry buddy just wondering thats all aha

#4 ·
ok i going to be nice and a dic* at the same time. but search there so many about cai on this site. just telling you that if you go to dt and say that ooo god you are gettign flammed. varram and bfi are good intakes. how much you wanna spend there alot of stuff involved

#5 ·
DSPTYWCADET09 get pacesetter headers make sure ur 4x4 tell me if they fit thanks :box2:

#6 ·
Hey man! If you have the 2010 truck there is not much available intake wise since it is new. I would suggestt getting the Mopar CAI for your truck! That one seems to be the best one out there for the 2010. I also think Volant makes a kit as well for the 2010 which is a very good piece. I would look at those 2 intakes for the 2010. K&N does I think but I am not too sure.

I have heard guys getting the Mopar one and saying the filter is very big and they look really good! Volant has that great name behind it! So it comes down to what you like since they will produce the same amount of gains.

I'm going to search since I do not want to be wrong!!!! I will post what I find

#18 ·
I put the K&N AirCharger in my RAM. I was very surprised they call it a "Cold Air Intake". I'm pretty sure that the way this thing fits (the heat shield), it most certainly lets more hot air from the engine compartment into the motor than does the factory air box.....but it sure sounds great and was easy to install.

#7 ·
$2,999.00 for a turbo kit Ehhh i want it but i said i going na so i guess not

#9 ·
Hey man where the heck did that come from hahahaha????

#8 ·
Ok I did a little looking around. AEM, Airaid, K&N, Volant and Mopar make intakes for the 2010 Hemi.

I would go with either Mopar or Volant like I said above. If you are not looking to spend that much than maybe go with one of the others.

#12 ·
Thank buddy, you know I always try!

#13 ·
lol i bored just messing aroudn no telling him about the intakes and stuff like bfi and varram and stuff liek that then went to saying about him getting headers to tell me if they fit

#22 ·
you can jsut take the intake out and put the stock one on its easy get a varam of bfi. or buy scat intake ther good that my opion

#23 ·
I think that if I had it to do over again, I'd just buy the K&N (or High-end Fram) air filter for the stock air box. The sound is great, especially at WOT, but if you tow alot, you might find the novelty wears off.

Not a huge difference in performance, but it sure sounds meaner! Gas mileage is in the toilet, but probably because with the tune and the intake, finding it hard not to stand on it from time to time.

....never had a hot-rod when I was a kid.

#24 ·
no there is a proven result my friend show you replace that airbox get a whole new piece

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.