DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Quad Cab 1500 2WD
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:268
txhemi is a jewel in the roughtxhemi is a jewel in the roughtxhemi is a jewel in the rough

You're welcome.
You don't NEED anything else other than an aligment if you do a suspension lift. Of course, having a CAI and a better flowing exhaust will help your truck breathe better and therefore, perform better. CAI and exhaust are WANTS but some consider them NEEDS.
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Flame Red
Rep:10
RumbleBee05 is on a distinguished road

If you get a lift leveling suspension kit and bigger tires your flaps will never drag. You could get stiffer rear suspension out of a heavy duty at a junkyard and put in yours as well. It's up to you on what you get but I would reccomend a lift leveling kit with stiffer shocks in the rear and a larger tire (2-4in bigger than stock) ie: a 30in tire. You cam clear up to 33s tho.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab.
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
HumbleMan is on a distinguished road

So I have been looking at lift kits the last couple of days, and boy not knowing much about them I can truthfully tell you I am a little confused now. Not really looking for bigger tires just more ground clearance. I believe that would be a suspension kit for more ground clearance right?? Yesterday was a prime example. The wife and I loaded the bed with sad dust and on the way home my flaps were scrapping and I believe I heard the exhaust pipe scrape when I was backing out of the drive way. Granted the drive way was at an angle. Just looking for something around 5-6 hundred dollars to raise my truck. My father in law is a mechanic so I would assume he could help me install it. Which would be a blast.
So I looked at rough country and found year 2002-2005 but did not find one for a 2006 2WD.

Side note, thanks for all the great help. Really nice folks on here that are not going to make you feel stupid for not knowing much about trucks but rather help you better understand. I thank you all for that.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Quad Cab 1500 2WD
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:268
txhemi is a jewel in the roughtxhemi is a jewel in the roughtxhemi is a jewel in the rough

My lift parts are listed as 02-05 and my truck is an 08. You are correct about needing a suspension lift. Body lifts will not increase your ground clearance at all. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: charcoal grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:53
tinniste 079 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUL7ENAZ View Post
Rumble Bee, You can start by just adding the 7" CST Lift for 2wd 02-05 hemi's which will include 4" spindles, a 3" coil spring spacer and a block and you bolt kit for the rear. Later on you can upgrade the upper control arms. After getting the arms if you would like then you can add the larger rough country springs (the arms are necessary to run these if you decide to lift it higher). CST has part numbers for shocks for their 7" kit. You will need to run longer shocks (than the ones cst has part numbers for) if you do the bigger springs. The base 7" kit is only $1200
this man knows his shit! i havent heard anything about a trophy truck or prerunner on this site once... at least one person is on my page haha.. but cst is a sweet lift i havent driven on it yet but it looks well made and i paid 500 bucks for a 7 inch kit. but you can cler 35s on a 4 inch spindal with fiberglass fenders easy