DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:41
khuman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Business and Military

Ok, so I'm not one to usually give Kudos to just anyone for any reason, however, PayPal won some points today. I've been working on a deal with GsxrSoldier4 to buy his wheels. Sent money via PayPal and they took their regular %fee out of the deal. Talked to Gsxr this morning he said that PayPal refunded the %fee they charged him, apologized, and guaranteed him it would never happen again. Why you ask? Because he is active duty military!

It's nice to see businesses honoring our soldiers!

So, if you know of a business online or catelog that takes care of our soldiers throw it out here so we can do business with REAL American businesses!
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1890
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Agreed! I'd give PayPal rep points if I could!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 HEMI V8 Big Horn
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:94
GsxrSoldier4 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to GsxrSoldier4

Tango Mike!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome! If I could give kuddos here:
Sears is American owned. There is a law called "Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act". According to that act in part, when a soldier who is employed with a civilian company, is called to deploy, the civilian job is to retain the soldiers position within the company and promise the soldier their job back upon redeployment. That's it. Sears, however, keeps that job open for soldiers return AND continues all pays and benefits! WTG Sears! They get my business.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:29 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Lowe's continually offers military discount while the other home improvement store has discontinued their offer unless it's a holiday to honor our soldiers solely.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4X4 Hemi
Trim Level: 4X4 SLT Hemi
Color: Light greystone
Rep:54
Boubou will become famous soon enough

I wish Canadian businesses would be as supporting for our Canadian Military members.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 08 Charger
Trim Level: SRT
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:404
SRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really niceSRTAndy is just really nice

That is great! Thanks for sharing that with us!

You can help support your favorite Dodge Ram site by becoming a Site_Supporter

"How To's" that will help you learn how to use the forum features can be found here!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:41
khuman is on a distinguished road

That's exactly the kind of things I was hoping to see here. Keep the information coming on other businesses that take care of our brave men and women!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram GTX
Color: Hemi Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:33
HemiGTX is on a distinguished road

My dad was recently honored by a soldier over in Iraq. He's a luthiere ( a builder of stringed instruments) and has been in business for ~21 years. Since in business, he has never charged an active soldier for repairs they may need to their instruments as a "Thank You" for serving.

Well a few months back, a soldier came into his shop who was deploying in three days, and needed some work done to his guitar. So my dad took the guitar, did all necessary repairs, and had it back to him before he left for Iraq. Tim (the soldier's first name) was shocked to find no charge was put on the repairs, and insisted, but my dad declined and just said stay safe.

Well last month, He recieved a package in the mail and was at a loss for words for what he found inside. Tim had requested that a flag be flown over a U.S. base over in Iraq in my dad's honor. He received the same flag that had been folded after being taken down, a certificate of authenticity of the flag, and a letter from Tim.

The flag a certificate are now on display in his shop. Since I haven't been to his shop since, I do not have a pic of the display, or even the flag, but do have the certificate.

So I write this to just say thanks to all the soldiers (past and present) for serving, and helping to keep this country that land of the free. God Bless
2004 Hemi Orange Ram GTX #062
Old 05-18-2010, 06:45 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4X4 Hemi
Trim Level: 4X4 SLT Hemi
Color: Light greystone
Rep:54
Boubou will become famous soon enough

That's very touching! thanks for sharing.