DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1997 seats in a 2006?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  05atlanticblue 
#1 ·
Will this swap work? I have a 2006 ST with vinyl and found a set of nice cloth out of a 97 Ram. will they bolt up?

#3 ·
i dont think they will bolt up - also keep in mind on the 2nd gens the seat belts are in the seat where the 3rd's have mounting points on the floor and b pillar.

have you looked into installing oem cloth seat covers - a set can be had on ebay for less than $150. you un-clip the factory vinyl's and remove. slide the new cloth ones on and clip them to the seat frame and no more sticking to the seats.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?...&_osacat=6028&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

#4 ·
yeh I was afraid the bolt pattern may be different but he only wants $70 for both seats and they are in great shape. the seat belt thing doesnt bother me much since I will still have my belts. Its not the covers that bother me as much as the seat feeling so uncomfortable and lacks much cushion. I feel like Im setting way too low.

#6 ·
just a thought, but, you could always either add padding material before putting on new seat cloth
Or if you have a person that has use of metal working/welding equipment, you could fabricate a metal frame with 2 sets of bolt patterns & in the process raise the seat height so that it feels right to you. you can get the seat bolt patterns by removing your seat(s), then take a sheet of cardboard & a marker to make a pattern, then do the same to the seat that your thinking about installing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.