DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, made me think of what happened when i told my dealership about a strange noise the seemed to be coming from my passenger door, thought that the window was loose or the window control frame was

it turned out to be the seat belt over on that side, it was hitting & rubbing against something
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
jimbodean is on a distinguished road

I had that happen with the belt clasp too! Although I didn't go to the dealer, I did instruct the wife to adjust the seat so this wouldn't happen anymore.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno on Slate
Rep:44
hpc3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hpc3
Default Yep, mine does it pretty bad... I'll be taking it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbodean View Post
Hey guys, quick question for those who have a 2009/2010 Ram. Do you guys have a brutal squeak from the whole plastic piece that encompasses the gear shift/cupholders? This thing is so sensitive that it squeaks when taking corners. Everywhere else in the interior is pretty much dead silent, solid as a rock. This one spot though, it will squeak just from breathing on it, it seems. Every bump, every corner, every usage of the cupholders!

Just so you all understand I'm not totally insane and hearing something that is virtually inaudible, you can hear it over Metallica playing at volume 20, with the windows down. Not that it's that loud, it's just that type of screeching/squeaky plastic noise that can be heard over almost any ambient sound.

I don't want to be "that guy" that takes it to the dealer over an interior noise, but this thing is driving me crazy. I figured it would settle in after a few hundred KMs, but I'm up to 800 now and it hasn't improved at all. I don't even want to drive around in a spirited nature because the harder I take a corner, the more that thing squeaks. Tried searching the forum for anyone else with this, but found absolutely nothing. I can't understand how that's possible, anyone with some insight on this?

Thanks!
apart to install the VES screen soon and figured I'd fix it with foam tape or something to reduce the clip friction. If I can't fix it I'll take it to the dealer... I need to ask them to replace two of the console pieces since they came scratched/marred from the factory. Also my son found a panel screw laying in the rear pass door pocket today. Don't seem to be missing any that I can find yet.

Have a few little things that will need attention but waiting until some of my accessories are here/installed before taking it in.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
LBZ HEMI is on a distinguished road

don't know if this has any bearing but for what it's worth i had a 06 mega cab with the console and had a bad squeak found out it was the lock that held the top storage closed don't know if the new rams is the same way you might check who know's could be your squeak
Old 05-21-2010, 11:14 PM

Default This squeak seems to be the chrome trim ring in my case and

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZ HEMI View Post
don't know if this has any bearing but for what it's worth i had a 06 mega cab with the console and had a bad squeak found out it was the lock that held the top storage closed don't know if the new rams is the same way you might check who know's could be your squeak
it only does it when the cabin is hot ie sitting in the sun for a few hrs. It doesn't do it in the morning when cool but squeaks pretty bad once hot. I pulled the chrome ring yesterday and most(not all) of the squeak went with it. I should have put some chapstick or soap on the clip tangs while out to see if that would stop it. I think its the chrome finish popping/dragging in the snap receptacles. I'm taking things apart and playing some on the truck. Will check this tomorrow and report back time permitting.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:32 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: Black
Rep:31
jimbodean is on a distinguished road

LBZ: There isn't really any locking mechanism near the offending zone. It's essentially right under the cupholder; the plastics that are the cupholder.

hpc3: Thanks for checking it out. I'd really like to get this thing figured out myself without having the dealer take a prybar at my plastic, lol
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 AM

Default Pulled the plastic trim ring yesterday thinking the tangs may

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbodean View Post
LBZ: There isn't really any locking mechanism near the offending zone. It's essentially right under the cupholder; the plastics that are the cupholder.

hpc3: Thanks for checking it out. I'd really like to get this thing figured out myself without having the dealer take a prybar at my plastic, lol
be it and you're right... its still there under the cup holder. I'll pull all this apart when my VES screen arrives in a week or so. I'll need to pull the console apart for that anyway and will do it all at once. Will report back.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2010
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
My ss got a ls is on a distinguished road

the trim ring and the cup holder is the problem me and my buddy are going to pull mine apart this week and we will be getting to the bottom of it
Old 05-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Rep:16
coolidge is on a distinguished road

I don't have the console but noticed there is a LOT of vibration in my pull out cup holder. The console is probably suffering from this. My pull out cup holder is quiet as a mouse though. In fact I have been very happy so far, zero squeaks or rattles at 5k miles.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:11 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
LBZ HEMI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpc3 View Post
it only does it when the cabin is hot ie sitting in the sun for a few hrs. It doesn't do it in the morning when cool but squeaks pretty bad once hot. I pulled the chrome ring yesterday and most(not all) of the squeak went with it. I should have put some chapstick or soap on the clip tangs while out to see if that would stop it. I think its the chrome finish popping/dragging in the snap receptacles. I'm taking things apart and playing some on the truck. Will check this tomorrow and report back time permitting.
mine drove me nuts also but was worth a shot didn't know how the new ones where set up but good luck on getting it fixed