DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: WHITE
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
andrewdains is on a distinguished road
Default Ignition problem

This has been an on going problem for the last couple months: put the key in the ignition, turn to ON, wait approx 15 to 30 seconds, then the dash lights come on, but not all of them. If I start the truck, then the ABS and Ebrake lights stay on, and the truck will not turn off even if you turn to off and remove the key....if you put the key in, wait 15 to 30 seconds for the dash lights to come on, then turn the key off, so the lights go out, then turn key to "ON" this time all the dash lights come on and you can start the truck. Im soooo perplexed at this issue, I think it might be something with the PCM and the Ignition Sensing Circuit, but I don't have the tools to check it. if anyone has ANY advice I'm open to ANY suggestion at this point....oh and I did make sure the PCM was completely plugged in. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The battery is good. I've pulled the column apart, would I need to just pull the part the key goes into or the mudule thats pulled into the ignition? This problem is really hit or miss on what the key does when its in the ignition, sometimes the ignition works just fine, ie right after I turn the truck off and then turn it back on. Usually if I wait a few minutes after turning it off, I have to turn the key to on, then back it to off, then back to on, then start it. Every morning this week the truck won't turn off after getting to work, unless I let it run for about an hour, then drive the 2.5 miles back home. Im thinking about giving up and having Dodge have their way with the truck.

Last edited by andrewdains; 05-22-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Add: if I try to start the truck before I do my "key dance" then the starter just clicks like its low voltage,but its not low
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Mega-cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
megatee is on a distinguished road

Try refashing the ECM
Old 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: WHITE
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
andrewdains is on a distinguished road

how do I do that?