DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
JRI is on a distinguished road
Default Uconnect & TracFone

Does anyone use a bluetooth TracFone with Uconnect?

I have a Motorola TracFone and while I have been able to pair the phone with Uconnect the bluetooth signal is not reliable. The dealer tested the Uconnect and says evrything is fine. TracFone will be sending me another phone (after 3 hours of trouble shooting) so I hope that will fix the problem.

The longest conversation I have been able to have is about 1.5 minutes before the bluetooth signal drops out, most times I can't hear them or they can't hear me. I am hoping the problem was the blutooth signal in my phone and want to know if other TracFone users have had problems.
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 AM

Default New phone same problem

TracFone sent me another phone but I'm still having the same problem. I don't have much experience with bluetooth but am I wrong in expecting it to either work reliably or not at all?

I mean, if I can get the phone to pair with Uconnect doesn't that mean that it should work?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Hemi Crew
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:60
H22A1 will become famous soon enough

no idea about the tracphone, but i use a iphone and it works flawless. it might just be the phone itself. not sure what would cause a unreliable signal though.
k&n drop in with airbox mod
Line-x liner
33" goodyear duratracs
Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the tracfone has different models, they are having some trouble pairing the Tracfone Motorola w376g phone link up Bluetooth , some people are using the pass key 0000, instead of what the manual reads

hope that you get it working
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
the tracfone has different models, they are having some trouble pairing the Tracfone Motorola w376g phone link up Bluetooth , some people are using the pass key 0000, instead of what the manual reads

hope that you get it working
I wish! I've tried the 0000 and 1234 still the same problem. I received the replacement phone from TracFone and it doesn't make a difference.

Like I said if it didn't work I could accept it but it is driving me crazy when it can work perfectly for a minute or two and then stop. The killer is nobody has an answer so far.

I thought bluetooth was a standard interface and if you made a connection you were set. Uconnect said that as long as I have at least Ver.2.0 it should work with no problems.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i search for the phone compatibility list that i saw last week, but, to no avail
it had the cell phones & other communication devices by alphabetical order & the version of that device that worked
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-27-2010, 11:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
SubMafia is on a distinguished road

Is your tracphone v2.0? You definitely want to verify it is 2.0.

While bluetooth is an universal standard, hardware makes all of the difference. I'd consider grabbing a friend with a phone from AT&T or Verizon with an exceptionally expensive phone (iPhone 3G +, Blackberry 9000/9700, Droid's) and seeing how it pairs with your truck.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 PM

Default Update on progress

I called Motorola directly and they confirmed that the W376g phone has Bluetooth Ver. 2.0 and is both "handset" and "hands free" bluetooth profile compatible.

I was also able to make a bluetooth pairing with a Garmin nuvi 265WT GPS. The garmin does not have all the features of Uconnect but I was able to make and receive calls without a problem.

I feel this puts the problem in Uconnects lap and will be calling them in the morning to see what they have to say.

Does anyone know if the dealer can actually test the Uconnect or do they just swap out the radio?

Last edited by JRI; 06-02-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Default The End

It has become apparent that the Motorola W376g simply does not work with Uconnect and nothing can be done to make it work.

I have also discoverd that the only phone you can expect to work with Uconnect are the specific phones they have certified. If you plan to use another phone the only way to be sure it is compatible is to test it out.

So much for bluetooth technology! I give up!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
2010RamSport is on a distinguished road

I know that my manual has a list of phones that the Uconnect will work with. Mine works fine. I have used an iPhnone, a Motorola curve, and a droid. I will agree that is took a bit for me to get is set up but once I did it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRI View Post
It has become apparent that the Motorola W376g simply does not work with Uconnect and nothing can be done to make it work.

I have also discoverd that the only phone you can expect to work with Uconnect are the specific phones they have certified. If you plan to use another phone the only way to be sure it is compatible is to test it out.

So much for bluetooth technology! I give up!