DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: Blue
Rep:3934
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pics, videos and a question

Last night my dad, oldest nephew and myself went over to Springfield MO race track to cheer on a friend's hubby. I don't get to play on the freeway very often and let me tell you, last night was a blast!!! I haven't had that much fun rolling 80-90 in a long time!!

Which brings me to my question. I was rolling behind a red diesel dually Ram, who had a single smokestack in the bed of the truck. He has a gauge cluster down the driver's side pillar. I don't know what that guy had under the hood but when he punched it, no way I was gonna keep up!! Poor Blue did her best! Then the guy started playing with me...letting me catch up then stomp on it again. Any of you guys care to guess what he had in his engine??? He was so hard to keep up with that I couldn't even get pics!!!! Not to mention that my dad was having a heart attack in the passenger seat because he was in a vehicle that was going over 45!!!

While rolling along, I had a Chevy come up behind me pulling a trailer, with a race car. He was going about 85. He would get close to me but lose it on the hills (ha ha ha). I let him pass but rode behind him when we got closer to the track. This was the car that was on the trailer:

Here are a few video clips from the races:

Our friend's hubby's car

These little guys were so cute!!
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Stacy! A standard diesel could give Blue a good run for her money, right? I am pushing 350 horse and 650 torque. He might've had a programmer or propane injections.....hmmm....I will let the boys chime in on this one!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:13 PM

BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

Paris, when this guy punched it, there was NO hesitation with his truck! We got a face full of black smoke and he was freaking gone! I was doing 90 just to keep the gap respectable!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

I am really thinking a smarty programmer. I have been seriously considering one for my truck and selling the one I currently have. Programmers allow for less time in shifting between gears, thereby making your speed a little quicker. No hesitation between gears. Then propane methol injections, if I am saying it right, is nitrous for diesels. Between a programmer and propane.....unless he was supercharged.....either set-up, he's gone. Even most ricers won't keep up with him.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2625
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

any BANKS powered setup with a P type fuel pump could kick any ones butt on the highway, & at the track, here is the setup in a dodge

http://www.bankspower.com/app/index/2

http://www.xtremediesel.com/?gclid=C...FQpcbQodXz_9Lg

dodge ram diesel video
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 05-23-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Stacy, I can give you a huge list of things he could have done to that cummins. Did he have a bar on the front that he could hook a weight bar to? 'Cuz a single stack normally indicates a sled hauler and those can develop some huge power to keep pulling the variable weight sled to well over 300ft. A quick list of his POSSIBLE mods:

upgraded fuel pump (CP3/snow/AirDogII)
ported injectors
large bore turbo (65mm+) or even a compound turbo set up
cat-delete to stack
H20/methanol injection
propane injection
larger cupped pistons
Tuner (Smarty/BanksIQ/BullyDog) and all those can be compunded with a power puck and a banks six gun.

and much much more Have I mentioned I love oil burners? How can you go wrong with making 1400HP and 2000ft-lb of torque on a beast weighing over 9000lbs!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 PM
erm

Like the guys said, he's modded that diesel some.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

cool pics
Old 05-23-2010, 10:48 PM

Kurtis, I couldn't keep up with the guy! He came up behind me and I let him pass. We had the setting sun behind us so I honestly don't remember seeing what he had in the front.

I was very jealous and really wanted to talk to him!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:40 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I hear ya stacy, a well tuned diesel can make some DISGUSTING power, and if they're a member of 'got smoke' then it's all the better cuz they have a carbon footprint that would ecclipse the state of texas when they hit that skinny pedal. I see a couple of the NADP tuned cummins diesel trucks up near edmonton and if you see that decal, it's almost a guarantee it's running over 700HP and 1000ft-lbs...

I want a cummins. My powerstroke just doens't cut it for performance, but it's a good work truck. The cummins/dakota swap may have to happen sooner ratehr than later