DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Interior Cleaning and Maintenance!

Notices

Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! Keeping the inside clean!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
goferme is on a distinguished road
Default Cleaning cloth interior

I've read many posts on what cleaning method works best to remove coffee and or dirt and or general stains from the cloth interior of our Rams.
My seats were pretty stained when I purchased my truck, looked like coffee stains or maybe coke. I tried some of the spray cleaners that were recommended, also tried simple green and a rug doctor, as was recommended on this sight somewhere as well.
The simple green worked the best, but after about a week, most of the stains came back. I assume it was due to having some of the "dirty water" still in the foam backing of the seat upholstery.
I bought some new take off oem seat covers off of ebay, and as I was taking the old covers off, on a whim, I decided to try laundering them.
I brought them to alLaundromat, threw them in a front load washer on cold water wash with some oxyclean.
The covers came out looking great, almost like new.
If I were to do it again, I would probably pre treat the stains with something, maybe spraynwash or even a simple green solution, but overall I'm very satisfied with the results. It is a little work and a bit time consuming pulling all the seats out and removing the covers, etc, but the end result seems to be clean seats. Now I have a set of take off oem covers that I wont be needing...
Old 08-22-2010, 05:15 PM
erm

Good info! Another way is a professional steam clean with pre-treatment of the heavier soiled areas.