DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Flame Red Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jumpjet is on a distinguished road
Default 1st POST! HTC phone and UCONNECT

Paired my phone (HTC Incredible 2, Verizon) to Uconnect and am able to make and receive calls. Question I have is when using google maps for directions, turn by turn instructions wont broadcast over the speakers. Tried every different setting on the phone I can think of but no luck. Works fine through portable bluetooth speaker or using the auxillary jack but who wants to listen to directions and music at the same time or just directions? Called Uconnect and was told it only works with 1 HTC phone right now, the Touch Pro and they are working on software updates for others periodically. Find it hard to believe that is the only HTC phone it supports. Any suggestions ? (RES radio)
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Well, I don't know where the people that you talked to got their information. Mostly because the list below shows the HTC phones that are on the approved phone list as of the 4th qtr of 2011.
Helio Fin,
HTC 2125,
HTC 8125,
HTC Diamond,
HTC Aria - (Liberty),
HTC EVO 4G,
HTC Fuse,
HTC Incredible,
Htc Incredible2,
HTC HD7,
HTC Merge,
HTC Thunder Bolt,
HTC Amaze,
HTC Rhyme,
HTC 3D,
HTC Status,
HTC Sensation,
HTC Inspire - (Desire),
HTC MDA,
HTC Mogu,
l HTC P4350,
HTC PPC 6600/6601,
HTC PPC 6700,
HTC SDA,
HTC Snap,
HTC Hero,
HTC PGO6100,
HTC Shadow,
HTC Shift,
HTC Surround,
HTC Touch,
HTC Diamond,
HTC Touch Pro,
HTC Wildfire,
HTC XV 6600,

Now on to your issue. The Google maps audio is only sent from the phone to the stereo in Streaming audio mode. It will not send Uconnect the turn by turn information if the radio is in any other mode (AM, FM, SAT, CD, USB). Google Maps is like any other Audio/ Media APP.
So try putting the radio into Streaming audio mode, where you are streaming music from the phone, then have Google maps also working on a route, start driving the route. The Google navigation should interrupt the streaming audio and then send the navigation info, when the info has been sent and said, then the music should resume play.
This is not a Uconnect issue but it is how the phone supports it.
Oh and the other thing that they told you about working on updates periodically, also system for the RES, REQ, RHB & RBZ Mitsubishi radios are trying to talk Chrysler into(1) update that will be a small file for enhancing streaming audio mode only. As I said, this is only being talked about between the supplier and Chrysler Engineers. The Customer support center does not know anything about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjet View Post
Paired my phone (HTC Incredible 2, Verizon) to Uconnect and am able to make and receive calls. Question I have is when using google maps for directions, turn by turn instructions wont broadcast over the speakers. Tried every different setting on the phone I can think of but no luck. Works fine through portable bluetooth speaker or using the auxillary jack but who wants to listen to directions and music at the same time or just directions? Called Uconnect and was told it only works with 1 HTC phone right now, the Touch Pro and they are working on software updates for others periodically. Find it hard to believe that is the only HTC phone it supports. Any suggestions ? (RES radio)

Last edited by xsdbs; 02-26-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the response! Just wish it would work with AM or FM. Since I am new to this, is there a way that I can stream music other than using the jacks on the phone and radio? Just wondering...
Old 02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Okay, tried what you said but does not work. As I mentioned in my original question, I was told that my phone is not even supported by Uconnect. If you look on the link below, the Ram is not listed. Called the number listed on that site and the rep is the one that told me my phone wont work. Am I missing something here? Sorry for being lame here, like I said I'm new to this Uconnect.

http://www.dodge.com/en/uconnect/
Old 02-27-2012, 07:24 PM

OK, so you don't know who to believe. I can understand that. Especially seeing how the Chrysler Customer service has really helped you. What I can assure you of is that the person that you spoke to is giving you incorrect information. The website that you are looking at has incomplete information. If a Moderator would help me out, I could post the most current Approved phone list for the Uconnect system. Chrysler's list if you look is dated 3 - 2011. If you really looked at the list of HTC phones that I listed, you would notice that many of them have been released well after 3 - 2011.
Ok, so enough of me for the moment.
I was able to borrow an Incredible2 today, used Google maps and had the navigation audio go thru the radio. I was able to do it doing just what I mentioned in my other reply. I have made a sort video to prove that it does work.

Quote:
Okay, tried what you said but does not work. As I mentioned in my original question, I was told that my phone is not even supported by Uconnect. If you look on the link below, the Ram is not listed. Called the number listed on that site and the rep is the one that told me my phone wont work. Am I missing something here? Sorry for being lame here, like I said I'm new to this Uconnect.

http://www.dodge.com/en/uconnect/
Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Thought I would check to see if you have been able to get the Inc2 navigation to work for you yet. hope the short video helped you to see that it does work.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I apologize if I made it sound like I was doubting that you knew what you were talking about. Not my intention at all. I came to this forum looking for help and I really appreciate what you are telling me. Thanks for the video and other posts. Watched the video a few times and still have one more question for you if you check back. You mentioned originally to set my radio to "streaming audio mode". How do I do this on mine,(RES)? Went through the manual, searched on-line, but cant seem to find an answer. Like I said, Im new to this Uconnect system so bear with me if you will.
Thanks in advance if you do see this and answer.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Hey, no problem. I know that the members here (and other forums) are between a rock and a hard spot, especially seeing how you can't get the right assistance from Chrysler customer support or the dealers. So let's see if we can get you going. Ok
First, have you transferred any music files to your phone, if not yet then can you add some to it. This will make the process easier. If not then you can also use any media player that you may have an app for, such as Slacker radio or Pandora. If you have either of the apps or the music files on the phone, then now we can start the process.

On the face of the radio you should have an "AUX" button. Press that button, you may have to press it twice to get it to the streaming audio mode (where your music from the phone is being played on the stereo). Once you are playing the phones music (and if you have already put a destination into Google maps), start driving, as you're driving and Google maps start giving directions, the music will fade out, then directions will be given. When the directions are finished being said, then the music will fade back in. This will continue until you have reached your destination.
Please try this and if you need further help, let me know.

Quote:
I apologize if I made it sound like I was doubting that you knew what you were talking about. Not my intention at all. I came to this forum looking for help and I really appreciate what you are telling me. Thanks for the video and other posts. Watched the video a few times and still have one more question for you if you check back. You mentioned originally to set my radio to "streaming audio mode". How do I do this on mine,(RES)? Went through the manual, searched on-line, but cant seem to find an answer. Like I said, Im new to this Uconnect system so bear with me if you will.
Thanks in advance if you do see this and answer.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Just a short note of interest

The list of phones that work with Uconnect, is Not the only phones that will work with Uconnect. That list is only the phones that have been TESTED & found to work. There are several phones that are not on the list that work perfectly well with Uconnect, they just have not been tested by the people that make the list.

Another thing i noticed, the Chrysler product radios don't work well with the music format that Apple products use, like AAC & MP4, depending on the radio of course
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks for the replies. Will give it a test run tomorrow on the way to work. Have a few songs on my phone and will try that but what I want to do is play podcasts that I downloaded while using google directions. Will give an update ASAP.