DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 Crew
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
Subydude09 will become famous soon enough

I had the hood of my WRX done at the dealership with pre-cut 3M (also cost around $250), and it was the best thing I did for that car! Kept the rock chips at bay, and looked great. Never turned yellow or peeled in the 5 years I had it. I wish I had done the front of my Ram...
Old 06-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:10
oilersfan2 is on a distinguished road
Default Had mine done at Stripe tech

Stripe tech in Calgary did my 2010 Ram for about $700. That included hood, front sport bumper, grill, mirrors (as all are painted white) and lights. I had the 3M stuff before on a 2000 Sierra and loved it....but be careful buddy of mine went with a cheaper version...and his yellowed after 2 yrs. Stripe Tech guarantees the 3M for 5 years.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray
Rocket is on a distinguished road

I've had my Xpel film on my truck for almost a year now. I have everything done (hood, bumper, rocker panels). My father has his car done and he has had it for 3 years and it's still holding up great. No yellowing or anything like that.

As for the post at the beginning that talked about the difference in the finish when you pull off the film... If you keep up the paint and detail it on a regular schedule then it won't be a problem. I'd rather do paint correction like that than have a ton of chips.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:19 AM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Getting the 3m protection for the front end is a good idea!

PLEASE DO NOT GET A BRA FOR THE FRONT!!!!

Thanks for the Diamon Fusion idea!! I really think that is good to do all the fron peieces to protect!!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 07-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Eric Hu is on a distinguished road
Talking Awesome 3M paint protection by Calgary Shield

Highly recommend the 3M protection on your RAM col.

I took the brand company truck to the field a couple weeks ago. (2010 RAM1500 with <1000k when I took it, still got the new car smell) Drove 1200k(about 20% on gravel) and I notice some small dents at the front and scratches on the paint behind the wheels (this one could be me going too crazy at the first time getting my hands on a HEMI engine) I am sure you don't want this happen to your baby...

I had the 3M paint protection put on the new mustang I bought last month by Calgary Shield and they did a wecked job on it ! I am a quite picky person when comes to cars but I can't find a single flaw on the shield they installed. And the shield actually saved my bumper a few times already.

I got it on the bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, and the rocker panels(a must have for peeling out if you think mud flaps affect the look). They quoted me around $800 for all these, which is fare, comparing to repainting the bumper/hood or other 3M shield installer I contacted around calgary. But I spent most of my saving on the down payment and couldn't afford that. So they cut me a cash deal with warranty for a significantly lower price, in exchange for a picture of my car on their website.

If you want to see some pictures or find out more about it shoot me an email at mr.eric.hu@gmail.com, I am very happy about it and want to share this with other people. Or you can contact them directly at http://www.stoneguard.ca/contact. They are very nice people and real easy to deal with.

Hope you enjoy your RAM1500 col, can't wait to get sent out for another field trip...
Old 03-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram - 1971 Superbee
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab 4X4
Color: Deep Water
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
bee1971 is on a distinguished road

Found two companies for the pre-cut rocker panel areas on my 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Anyone deal with either , and why the huge price difference - Rocker Panel Area

Thanx Scott

http://www.clearbra-kits.com/

http://www.xpel.com/
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Had mine done the first year I bought the truck, you really have to be looking hard to see the edge of the film on the hood, the line starts about 18 inches up, got the clip under the grill done also. No regrets with the 3M, had it done at Ming, they enter your vehicle type on their computer program and it is laser cut to fit. I think I paid about $300.