DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Photography/Videography

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unusual nature shots

Most of you know that i get to travel a bit in my Ram, yesterday i had to follow a HVAC system up to a place near Sacramento California from the San Diego/Mexican border, it took 10 hours, to go 500 miles, i billed the company for the job when i returned home, 1050 miles later, about $200 for gas, & Motel 6 over night.
on the way home i snapped a couple of pix, i was in the area where Edwards Air Base is, that where they land the shuttle when weather is bad, it is also where they make 20 Mule Team Borax soap, its an interesting area, especially on June 4th, summer is sort of crazy this year, it was 90 degrees F & there was snow on the mountains, it was so hot that lizards were in hiding
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

ok but
Old 06-05-2010, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Wheres the pics ??????

Last edited by Toms Blue Ram 1500; 06-05-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:53 AM
erm

ROTFL...nice pics...NOT!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I was still tired from the trip, i had only slept about 5 hours at the motel
I always wondered if anyone looks at my pix any way, so i had to post without the pix, to see if anyone noticed. the temperature was 90 F, talk about hell freezing over LOL
any way one of the places that i chose to stop, just pulled off the road at a spot wide enough to just have the Ram enough off the road to not get hit, turned out to be just the perfect picture of a cactus with the snow capped mountain in the distance
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] close up cactus[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
BORON California where Boraxo soap is made from a special type of dirt]
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] Boraxo buildings [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
I was driving through the town just past the Boraxo mine, saw this building & snapped a pix as i was driving past it, the business name caught my attention [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Man it looks very dry there, never been that far south in California before. A few years back I went from San Fran down to San Diego and back. Nice pics, thanks for sharing them. Curious, have you ever seen the shuttle land there ? Guess there are not too many opportunities left .
Old 06-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Nice pics . Thanks GT .
Old 06-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I have only seen the shuttle landing on tv
it is very dry all around this area, we have to import 95% of our fresh water
this area is at least a 3 hour drive from my town, i live 20 miles east of san diego, right at the bottom of the foothills on Interstate 8. a town called El Cajon, beyond my town is all farms & what passes for National forest, a definite misnomer LOL
i will take a picture this afternoon of the terrain just to the east of here, a bit later today

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=San+Diego&state=CA
Old 06-05-2010, 05:28 PM
erm

That's better! Nice pics.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

OK, i went out & took a couple of pix today, as i said where i live is very dry, hardly any lakes, none for swimming, we have 1 park that seems to always have some water, i don't know where it comes from.
you may notice the lack of trees, all were planted, they are drought tolerant, not much water needed, but, they don't grow wild here, it is called high desert. I don't know why, maybe its because its above sea level
My town is called El Cajon
El Cajon definition El Ca·jon (el kə hōn′) similar to El Ka-joan LOL
city in Southern Calif.: suburb of San Diego: pop. 95,000
Origin: Sp el cajón, the box: the city is boxed in by hills, they say it means the box, but, I call it the coffin (tends to irritate people with no sense of humor)
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG] [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
this is the park that seems to have water most of the time & as you can see, its about 10 feet below the water line
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG][IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]