Coolant Smell - 2013 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, & Solutions - Maintenance & Repair > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!

Old 06-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Rep:10
jamesphoenix is on a distinguished road
Default Coolant Smell - 2013

Hey guys,

Picked up a used 2013 Ram 4.7L from a local dealership last week. When I got home I noticed a coolant smell in and out of the cab. I took it back to the dealership the next day and they couldn't find any leaks. Records indicate that it had a new water pump placed 600 miles prior to being put on the lot. The service dept said that coolant residue was all over the bottom of the hood, eluded to the fact that during the water pump changed it had not been cleaned up, and they went ahead and power washed the engine bay. 100 miles later I'm still smelling coolant under the hood (not nearly as bad). How long should I give it before returning to the dealership and having them check again?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement