DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-27-2010, 11:52 AM
erm

I wouldn't remove the resonators if you want to avoid huge drone when your truck slips into MDS.

The cats aren't that restrictive and the only time I'd replace them is if they were plugged or I built the engine to the point I needed more flow than they can provide.

I did a Magnaflow single in/dual out muffler with new tailpipes, no resonators and dual wall brushed aluminum tips. I don't have MDS so drone in MDS mode isn't an issue for me.
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about

I have heard of people that loved the magnaflow and people that have returned it to the muffler shop, I would be interested to see if the ones that like it left the resonators in and used the mufflex and if the majority of the ones that returned it, had the removed the resonators. Im starting to think the people that complain of the drone are the same ones that removed the resonators. I could be wrong, jsut a thought
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Old 07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about

After alot of research and listing to different videos, Ive decided to go with the mufflex
14", I think leaving the resonators in is the big difference. Flowmasters to me sound good on an old hot rod but IMO there sound doesnt fit these trucks, I can speak from experiance cause I have long tube headers going into dual flowmaster super 44s on my 71 pick up and they sound great on that truck. Aslo the flowmasters are not straight through like the magnaflow wich should aid in getting the air out that the CAI brings in. Anyway thanks for all the replies and opinions, I orderd the mufflex today so I will update as soon as I put them in
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Old 11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White
Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road
Default Shop Costs for Magnaflow

Hey just wanted to pass this on to all that may be interested in saving some $$ to have muffler changed out and Y pipe too if you want it changed and you live near Northeast Ky/South East Ohio area....I got magnaflow put on (Bought muffler from Magnaflow $113.00 with Free shipping)and this shop owner changed it out for $48.00!!!!! I did not do the Y change but he offered to do the Y for $25.00 More and welded all really nice job.
Mosy every one on here has paid from 300 to 700...mine was 156.00 for all of it!!!!! 113.00 free shipping and 48 Install.......Minford Muffler Shop 8450 State Route 335 Minford Ohio 45653 Phone Number 740 820 4611

He has a nice shop but no web site or Computer in shop really nice person to work with done my truck in about 3 hours same day I Took it in.