DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:35
HEMI5150 is on a distinguished road

I get his point clearly...! Some of us CARE how our vehicles are worked on...!
If they fugged it up on him the first time, whats to say he wont have a repeated scenerio and end up with the whole friggin console being fugged up. I wouldnt be very happy about that either..! If you want it done RIGHT, ya gotta do it yourself even if its under warranty...the price we all pay, loser bums at the dealerships. Yesterday they couldnt spell mechanic, today they ARE one. Bums buy some tool`s and think they are tech`s...whats this world comin too

Its like buying a virgin for yourself, only to have someone else bang`r before you do....DAMAGED GOODS...!

You might be able to bullshit your way to the top, BUT, it wont keep you there

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2010, 01:24 AM

Good Luck to you Ray, i hope they dont fugg your ride up any worse

Old 06-26-2010, 01:26 AM

Ray,
i see you live in new york...what part of NY are you in...?
And which dealership did you go to, to have your truck worked on...?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI5150 View Post
Ray,
i see you live in new york...what part of NY are you in...?
And which dealership did you go to, to have your truck worked on...?
I am on long island NY, I got my truck at East hills chysler in Nassau county. It just pisses me off that my interior has to be ripped up now because all I wanted was a simple hinge noise corrected that shouldn't of even been there in the first place and ended up with more problems then I started with. The part that burns me even more is they tried to pawn it off on me hoping I wouldn't notice it. I know the mechanic had to see it when he drilled in the screws and went to far causing them to protrude threw the other side. Everybody makes mistakes, I don't have a problem with that. Just don't try to hide it. I am glad I went over everything before I drove off!
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 06-26-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I am on long island NY, I got my truck at East hills chysler in Nassau county. It just pisses me off that my interior has to be ripped up now because all I wanted was a simple hinge noise corrected that shouldn't of even been there in the first place and ended up with more problems then I started with. The part that burns me even more is they tried to pawn it off on me hoping I wouldn't notice it. I know the mechanic had to see it when he drilled in the screws and went to far causing them to protrude threw the other side. Everybody makes mistakes, I don't have a problem with that. Just don't try to hide it. I am glad I went over everything before I drove off!
I couldnt agree more with ya brother...!
I would make them buy you a new console...!
AND stand right there when they install it, i would also make sure the same fuggin IDIOT dosent work on your truck again either. Man i hate to hear horror stories like this...i worked in dealerships over 30+yrs, and it just dosent stop with these fuggin idiots

Reason i asked where you lived is, if it had been close to my area, i would have sent you to a dealership that has a great guy workin on my trucks now, but i live up here in the upstate fingerlakes region, so that isnt going to be much help to ya man. I sure hope like hell you get it fixed right this time.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Had the tech come clean on this, you probably wouldn't be concerned about having them replace the console. This is something you may want to point out to them when you are standing over there shoulder to ensure that it is done right. Maybe the combination of being annoyed by your insistence to supervise, coupled with the explanation of paranoia caused by their attempt to 'hide' the issue.....they may catch on and avoid a similar scenario for themselves in the future.

Sometimes the truth can be humiliating and embarrassing, but in the end, it always bears the best fruits!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I can see your concern & being irate about the botched repair
the truck is under warranty & it will get fixed to your satisfaction

my dealership does not allow anyone back in the actual garage area, insurance rules mostly
But i was back there 1 time with my service adviser to see how the inner tail gate assembly works
I would love to see how it looks underneath the floor console, cables, rods, & wiring as well as free space for mods
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-27-2010, 12:40 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:45
Ray is on a distinguished road

I appreciate everyones feed back. The tech didn't come clean and was banking on the fact that I wouldn't see it. That's what annoys me the most, I would of respected them more if they said to me hey there was a mistake made when we replaced your lid and don't want to give you your truck back untill we make it right. I would of had no prob with that. My dealership is in a area where people got big money and don't care about there vehicles. I am a hard working blue collar guy and very proud of my truck and worked hard for it and the mechanic figured I would be just another rich person who doesn't care.
Mods:Mopar fiber glass Tonneau cover,Nerf Bars,Bully Hitch bar,husky mud guards,stubby antenna,Edge guards,weather mats,20%tint all around+windsheild,lisence plate covers,Upgrage to REN w/back up cam,Magnaflow 18, putco bulbs,LED interior/plate bulbs,viper smartstart

Old 06-30-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
I appreciate everyones feed back. The tech didn't come clean and was banking on the fact that I wouldn't see it. That's what annoys me the most, I would of respected them more if they said to me hey there was a mistake made when we replaced your lid and don't want to give you your truck back untill we make it right. I would of had no prob with that. My dealership is in a area where people got big money and don't care about there vehicles. I am a hard working blue collar guy and very proud of my truck and worked hard for it and the mechanic figured I would be just another rich person who doesn't care.
Hi Ray...
so how`d you make out with your truck...did they fix it correctly yet...?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

I would be all over the Service Manager and get them to replace it, if not up to your expectaions then notify the Regional Rep.