DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough
Default 20% Tint

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on matching a tint. I am having my driver/passenger door windows tinted to match the back door windows.

The guys at the shop suggest that a 20% tint is as close as I will get.

Does anyone have any pics of a 4th gen Ram with a 20% tint? If you could put up a pic it would be greatly appreciated.

My Ram is black, so I am really looking forward to the "blacked out" look.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x2
Color: Mineral gray
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
onewheelregulator is on a distinguished road

go 5% all the way around you wont be dissapointed...I have 15% to match my rear but only cause i was cheap and didnt wanna tint all the windows
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2657
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Every country, Provence, state has different tint laws, someone from Ontario will likely let you know what your laws are. the law in your area are vague at best
If i remember correctly, someone posted that the Officers up there want to be able to see through your front windows & be able to see your gender, etc.
Most tint shops can tell you how dark you can go, without the tint being against the law & most will not give you a tint that is illegal
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Color: White
Rep:76
doz will become famous soon enough

3% tint! Matching the rear windows is damn near impossible because of the color. Id go darker than 20% too personally, 20% really isnt that dark (if you like privacy/darkness/heat to stay out)

DS Trinity w/ custom tune, S&B Intake, ARH LT Headers, Magnaflow Cat-back, 87mm PTB, BT Catch Can, 180* T-Stat, v6 E-Fan, 5000k RS HID, XD Misfits w/ 35"x12.5"x18", Rancho QL level, 5% tint w/ 35% full windshield, Hifonics Brutus 1100.1 w/ Sundown SA12 in ported FoxBox
Old 06-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Here's some pics:

http://www.ramforumz.com/PHOTOPOST/s...ry.php/cat/735

There's also a couple pics in this thread:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52437
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:1890
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

20% Suntek is pretty dark and that's what I have on the passenger windows of my truck to match the factory tinted rear windows and you really can't tell a difference. My back window and sunstrip are in 5% Suntek. Did I mention mine's illegal where I live?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 PM

City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

I did 20% all the way around with a 5% sunstrip, so mine don't match up, but it looks good. I'm debating adding a 5% strip to the rear window on top of the 20%. Anything less than 70% on the front passenger windows is illegal here, no restrictions on the rear windows.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

well my trucks so tinted you cant see out the windows at night
Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTYWCADET09 View Post
That tint looks like a good match. So you did 20% on the front doors and the back doors are the standard stock tint, right?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregster View Post
That tint looks like a good match. So you did 20% on the front doors and the back doors are the standard stock tint, right?
No, I did 20% up front & 20% over the stock tint on the back two. So I've basically got 5% on the back two passenger windows. But 20% up front would match up nicely with the stock tint. But the links I gave you aren't my truck.