DODGE RAM FORUM banner

how clean is your ram?

8K views 65 replies 29 participants last post by  jarmistead47 
#1 ·
hello everyone just thought this would b a good topic, how often do you clean your truck, what kinda waxes cleaners, clay bars and any tricks you would like to share? me i always washed clay bar and waxed my vehicles once every 2 weeks, as well as a total interior cleaning

#2 ·
I wash every other week. Don't think you need to clay bar that much. I do once in the spring and once in the fall. I polish every couple months.
I use PPC products, ppcbest.com. Have used his stuff for many years and not a bad review from me. My favorite product is the Formula 2. Doesn't attract dust for cleaning the dash, and I can also use it on my tires.
Here is after the last clay bar.

#4 ·
How clean is your Ram

I may not be the best person to comment on this one seeing as how I am VERY particular about my truck being clean, lol! Let's just say, she gets a good wash every 2-3 weeks, weather permitting, a good wax twice a year, and wiped down DAILY! I cannot rest until all bugs, bood dirkey, tree droppings and mud from wheelwells is removed. I like the Ice products for the exterior care. As for there being no dust on the inside, lemon Pledge is my fave, repels dust and smells good, too! :smileup: Just a couple examples.....:)

- Cajun

Attachments

#11 ·
once maybe twice a month. i used mother's synwax untill it became unavailible around here. i switched to the ice line from turtlewax. as a matter of fact this has prompted me to clean it out good tomorrow and give a bath and waxing.

#13 ·
Once a month washing and interior cleaned (not a daily driver, have a company truck). I like the outside of the truck clean, but am extremely meticulous when it comes to the interior, qtips in the vents and all. lol

I cringed when I heard the word crumbs mentioned. haha

#14 ·
I wash mine about twice per year. I don't drive the SS/T enough to get it dirty. It sits in the basement all the time. It drives me crazy if one speck of dirt is in the interior.

#16 · (Edited)
Well this is a prefect topic for me to share pics in haha. I wax my truck whenever I can! I actually spent the whole day today preping the paint and then putting a real good sealant on the truck. I use the Chemical Guys line of products. I will take some pics of the truck tomorrow. I am not actually done yet. I spent 6hrs today and should spend another 2-3hrs tomorrow.

I think cleaning my truck is a stress reliever in a way. I clean the truck every time I get a little free time or whenever it is a really nice day on the weekend.

Finished Cleaning it thought I'd post the pic

#17 ·
Weather permitting, I wash about every 10-14 days. I only claybar if I'm going to do any detail swirl removing or polishing. I wax about every 4-6 weeks. I use a cleaner wax every other time to strip any old wax off. About 3 times a year I do a complete strip and reapply a sealant and 2 coats of wax. Careful washing techniques are key!

#18 ·
Nice to see so many clean Ram's in here!!! :smileup: Relentless, I'm the same as you, the word crumb anywhere near my truck is grounds for :box:, but I do the q-tip in the vents aswell!

- Cajun

#19 ·
I try to wash mine every couple of weeks. I used to use Mother's wax/cleaners and would wax about 3 times a year (lots of salt here in the winter). Last year I found a product line called Wolfgang. They have cleaners, waxes, sealants, etc. It's a little expensive, but the reviews were really good. They have a sealant that they claim will last 12 months. I still seal it twice a year (once right before winter and once right after). It works really well IMO. They say that polymers never shine quite as well as carnuba, but this stuff shines pretty well.

I just bought some of the Wolfgang swirl remover and I'm gonna do my wife's black Murano. It was all swirled up when we got it and it's been pissing me off for a couple of years.

As for interior I haven't found a really good product for the dash, any suggestions would be appreciated. I use Meguire's for the leather, seems to work well. I try to clean interior once a month, not always successful with that.

I agree that cleaning the truck is a stress reliever. I can go outside and listen to some good music and not think about all the stuff going on with work, family, etc. It's a nice getwaway and then I get to stare at my shiny truck for a couple of minutes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.