DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White 2-tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:172
CustomShirts has a spectacular aura aboutCustomShirts has a spectacular aura about
Question Is it possible?

Hello Everyone,

As most of you know I went through some hell in getting my truck ordered. Back and forth B.S. Finally on 5/6 I was told my truck was in fact ordered on 5/4 and I was given a VON & VIN Number and my sales rep said that they were pushing it through fast for me.

When I got the VIN etc I called for a status and was told that it was about to enter the production line, but they could not give me a status code. They did confirm that it had a build priority of 01-A (I still dont know what that means).

Today I called to get a status, just to see if it actually did enter production etc. The rep said that there is a ship date of Tues. 5/25. Thats only 21 days. I asked if she was sure. She put me on hold for about 90 seconds and came back and she said yes, it shows it is being ship to Manfredi Dodge on Staten Island. Holding in my excitement I simply thanked her and wished her a great day.

I called back again and spoke with a different person and he too told me there was a ship date of 5/25 for my truck.

So my question is... is it possible for it to only take 21 days from Order Entry to Shipping? My wife's jeep we waited 9 weeks for shipping and then another 3-4 days for it to get to the dealer. I expected a minimum of 6-8 weeks for mine.

Normally when they provide a ship date, is it usually active?

What have you experienced when ordering a Truck?

Hell yeah.... Im Happy!

- Tim
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news! If you have a priority build, this could be what happened, especially since you'd said the area manager was involved in handling the issues of your build. 21 days is impressive!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Thats good news . Keep us updated .
Old 05-13-2010, 10:03 PM
erm

Yes, it's possible. They have slowed production of trucks due to the economy so the production line isn't turning out as many trucks for general dealer shipment, leaving room in the production schedule for special orders.

You are in and you are good to go!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

That's great news Tim!! Keep us posted!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 AM

CustomShirts has a spectacular aura aboutCustomShirts has a spectacular aura about

Hey Michael... I bet you are correct. So this whole ordeal really was to my benefit.

I will keep everyone posted as to the progress.

Tim
Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tim !!!!

I 'GOT' my new truck !!!!

Got to get these licks in fast....thought I had a couple of months poke at you, but by the sounds of things.....

That is awesome news! I really hope you get yours on an accelerated delivery plan. I've only driven mine 5kms (3 miles), and am already impressed. I'm already convinced that your just going to love yours. Can't wait to try some of cool options, like the radio!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!!!! I am not going to get your hopes up...but DAMN that's fast!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: Bright White
Rep:11
LBZ HEMI is on a distinguished road

great news i know your going to love it and the stereo you got is awesome once you figure it out lol
Old 05-15-2010, 03:47 AM

Thanks LBZ... The first thing I do with every ride... when I bring it home... I pet beanie boy.. kiss my wife so they dont feel neglected for the next 2-4 hours as I sit in my ride with glasses on... a nice cold something to drink... and manual in hand... learning about all the features and what they do etc. So I look forward to it.

UPDATE...

I got a call from my sales rep telling me their system is showing a ship date of 5/25 for my truck. He told me they have some other items coming from the same plant so hopefully it will be ok. He said normally a few days after the item ships its there.

I told him to order all the add-ons I ordered so when they come in I dont have to wait for them... and hopefully pick up my truck with all the cool stuff installed.

Tim