DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Muffler Replacement

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Jimbob 
#1 ·
Not sure why I thought this, but I could swear we had 3" in, dual 3" out. But when measuring, it looks like we have 3" in, dual 2 1/2" out. Can anyone confirm this? Looking to snag one of these to replace the stock muffler:

Hooker Aerochamber 21518HKR

Outflows just about everybody according to some tests I've seen, and actually makes more power and torque.

Found this sound clip on Holley's website, doesn't sound too bad either:

Holley TV: Dodge Ram with Hooker Aerochamber mufflers

Any thoughts? Summit Racing has them for $81.95

#3 ·
pm sent mite want this instead.

#18 ·
Just wanted to check in with you on your Mufflex 14" muffler and if you still like the sound after living with it for a while. Is it too agressive or does it have interior drone when the MDS kicks in? From your video it doesn't sound too bad.

I assume you left in your stock tail pipes and resonators.

Thanks for your feedback as I am looking into replacing the stock muffler on my 2011 R/T RAM. Also looking at the Hooker

#9 ·
I vote for the Hooker. Although the Mufflex is a contender, I prefer the deeper sound of the Hooker.
There it is....all $0.02 worth!

#11 ·
Not sure about your pipe size?

lol, the exhaust pipe on our trucks in stock form if iam right is 3" pipe to dull
2 1/4" exhaust pipes, and headers do help and so will x pipe when i put it on after i install all the lowering stuff.

#13 ·
headers on ram

Its a must, even more so with a supercharger or turbo. You dont want any restrictions. These stock headers will hold you back from greatness!!!!

#15 ·
cost for headers?

they were 1500. worth it!

#16 ·
Magnaflow Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust 16869 Muffler and both exits, tips. About 666 ebay. Service Mgr up at Huffines Dodge Plano, TX has a set installed. Not bad.

Magnaflow specs out of the book --

Material: 100% Stainless Steel
Tubing O.D. Size: 3/2.5in.
System Type: Cat-Back
TIP O.D. Size: 5in.
TIP Quantity: 2
Single/Dual: Dual
Exit Position: Dual Split Rear Exit

Features and Benefits: Lifetime Warranty, Dyno Tested And Proven To Make Power, Performance Gains In Horsepower And Torque, Great Sound -Has A Smooth; Deep Tone, Easy To Install, Mandrel-Bent. All Welded. Built To Last.

V8 5.7L Standard Cab/Quad Cab/Crew Cab, Short Bed, with Factory Duals
5 x 11 x 22in. Dual Outlet Muffler, 3/2.5in System, Dual 5in. Polished Tips, DUAL SPLIT REAR EXIT

#17 ·
ram rt exhaust upgrade

iam looking to do a full custom exhaust. no body has what i want. coming back from the headers i want an x pipe then two resonators and continue the dull 2 3/4" piping back over the axel and 2 more resonators and out with 4 or 5" tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.