DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Military

Notices

Military Special Interest Group for members of all branches of the military, active duty or retired. - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreign View Post
Brian is that your truck in your sig? If so, mine looks the exact same.
Yup, its my truck. Other than the nerf bars its bone stock. It will be that way until I decide whether I'm going to keep it. Not to happy with a few things.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: White
Rep:70
steelreign will become famous soon enough

What's got you irritated about it?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:840
UltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to behold

My favorite was a three year tour at Camp Smith in Hawaii. Sun and Surf 24/7 when I wasn't on duty.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM

What island was Camp Smith on? I was a dependant at Hickam AFB for 5 years, it was great.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreign View Post
What's got you irritated about it?
The Nav system is a POS and the ventilated leather seats are like riding on a rock, can't go more than an hour without having to stop to give my butt a break.

Also the leather seats make sweat even with the cooling turned on. I never liked leather, but figured I'd give them a chance with this cooling/heating system. The SUCK.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 07-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the Navy, on an aircraft carrier, my field was Aviation Ordnance
My favorite Stateside base was Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, at Oak Harbor Washington, I didn't even want to leave the base, anything a person wanted to do legally, was on the base. The largest plane that we had aboard the carrier was the A3D Skywarrior, they were stationed at Whidbey, when not on a carrier. They were bombers, not fighters. I had to go there to learn how to load certain weapons, nuff said

My favorite overseas base was Yokosuka Naval Base in Japan, it was also a full service base, you didn't need to leave the base, but, if you wanted to, you walked out the front gate & you were in the city, party until your pockets were empty, the people there were friendlier there than in my home town, I was there when Kennedy was shot, those towns people loved him, many closed their businesses for a day out of respect
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:186
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

My favorite Duty Station was Argentia, Newfoundland, Canada. Beautifull area, isolated duty, approximately 350 US and Canadian Armed Forces stationed there, 90% women. To bad the Navy closed the base in the late 80's. Great fishing and hunting, friendly locals. Stateside I enjoyed Camp LeJeune, NC a lot. Just didn't like having to wash my vehicles every couple of days due to the pollen.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport
Trim Level: Cloth
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:33
downonmonday is on a distinguished road

Fort Carson, Colorado!!! Because I was stationed there I will be moving there next summer. Great weather, scenery, riding, snowboarding.....everything is great there.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 1500 ST Quad Cab 4x2
Trim Level: Really cheap
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Garbageman is on a distinguished road

Spent time at Ft. Knox, Ft. Bragg, Ft. Benning, and Ft. Campbell but my favorate place was the JOTC in Pannama. Drove a 78 Power Wagon while at Campbell in places the then new HUMMVEEs wouldn't go.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM

I was in Panama from 96-97. I helped close Gorgas Army Hospital. I loved Panama, there was alot to do and women everywhere. Too bad they had to give the Canal back.