DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:47 PM
erm

WOW! Nice work, Daniel. Those are some great components, too!

I ran into the small space issue for the front and rear spkrs on my 300. They are a biatch to get to at the base of the windshield.

Lookin' good, my man!
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of kick panels, here's a how to on those:

Firmly pull straight up on the section near the seat:

Then pull straight back from the dash, be careful not to wiggle or bend too much or you'll damage these alignment pins (done that before, not fun!)

You can now access your rear speaker wires here:

And the door speaker wires are here:

Old 07-17-2010, 01:50 PM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
WOW! Nice work, Daniel. Those are some great components, too!

I ran into the small space issue for the front and rear spkrs on my 300. They are a biatch to get to at the base of the windshield.

Lookin' good, my man!
Thank you sir! Hopefully the front stage will at least be in this weekend, subwoofer box is going to something a bit unique. It might take a while to get it dialed in correctly.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

When can you come out here and do mine????

I'm laid up...serious back issues here and a lot of pain to go with it. I hate getting old...LOL
Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 PM

I am sorry to hear that. Back pains are not something to take lightly. It's amazing how much pressure is on the back muscles just from something as simple as walking and standing up.

Did you ever decide on a setup for yours? It's difficult with so many choices out there. I am just using these pieces since they were left overs from my previous install. Only pieces I had to add were the Blaupunkt amp and the Vifa fullrange. I picked that Blaupunkt because of the plug and play capability of it. You can order a harness for it that is prewired for many factory head units. I just ordered the plain harness and will be splicing it, but it should look factory when I'm done. Maybe one day I can go all out with a competition setup, but this should work for now.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:32 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Thanks, buddy.

I'm gonna end up redoing the head unit and amp. I have a REC/NAV head unit in my car so when I do that upgrade, I'll swap that head unit into the truck. The one I have has issues as I noted before.

I'll also not re-use the Kicker amp. This time, I'll go with something else. The Kicker speakers I will keep.

As far as a sub and amp for that, I'm undecided as of now but I'll pick something later. First I have to do the car so I can swap over that head unit.

The car gets this setup:

Kenwood DNX9960 head unit

JL HD 600/4 amp

Hertz HSK 163 3-way component speakers

or

Focal 165 VR3 speakers

PacAudio C2RCHY4 interface

PacAudio SWI-Jack adapter

PacAudio SWI-CAN adapter

Kenwood KCAIP301V ipod integration kit

Stinger SHK241 4 ga amp wiring kit

I may swap over my Alpine 500W mono amp & Type S sub to the truck and go with something else in the car.

I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting for the car but I'll figure it out.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:08 PM

That will be one slick setup for sure!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:13 PM

Got the passenger side door taken care of.

Just a tiny bit of sound deadener inside:

1/2" MDF baffle made and then Bedliner in a can sprayed on:

A little weatherstripping between the baffle and the door panel, prepped the wires for the 6.5" :

Baffle screwed on, more sound deadener applied:

Mid mounted:

And door panel back on:

Old 07-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:100
wester399 will become famous soon enoughwester399 will become famous soon enough

Chit it looks like your pretty much the man when it comes to audio lol... nice job and nice truck cant wait to put pics of my system up.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

Looking good sir....

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Closed Thread