DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn, 5.7 hemi
Color: BRILLANT BLACK CREW CAB
Rep:172
FDBDW has a spectacular aura aboutFDBDW has a spectacular aura about
Default Mufflex 14" install

Just installed my 14" mufflex, its very do-able by yourself, which is what I did, put I would definitly advise having someone help you, it would go alot smoother. I took video of the install and will post as soon as I vigure out how, I used a flip video camera, if anyone can walk me through posting a video I would apreciate it. Im not very computor savy so explain it to the lowest level. Sounds great at an idle and reving, no leaks that I can find, going for a test drive now, will update
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Nice! Looking forward to the video!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Couple things on the video, first off, this is the first time Ive loaded a video so let me know if your able to view it. Also I tried to do it so It could be paused in areas people may be curiouse about, it seems very close up at times cause of space limitations and gets shaky (cheep camera) and last I did not add the clip of the start up because the sound didnt come out, there are plent of sound clips out there and thought this would be a good instalation helper. If you have any questions please ask
MOPAR CAI , 14" MUFFLEX, Diablo Intune 91oct , 2.5" LEVEL, K2 OPEN BLACK MESH GRILLE, FRONT WINDOWS TINTED, ROCKSTARS ON 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS, LARADO BED COVER, DEBADGED, GO RIHNO STEPS , RECON SMOKED TAIL & THIRD BRAKE LIGHTS , PAINTED HEADLIGHTS , SPEEDLOGIX CATCH CAN, FASTMAN PORTED TB ,
Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
09DodgeTruckGirl is on a distinguished road

Looks good. I can view the video with no problems. I have the 14" mufflex on my truck and love it. I did however take the resonator off to make it even louder.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I know theres been alot of questions about the Mufflex so now that Ive had a chance to drive it a bit, I thought I would give my opinion. So far I love it, Ive heard some say they were disapointed and that there is not much change from stock. I totaly disagree, keep in mind I have a Mopar CAI so that might make a difference. There is definitly a deeper and louder tone, I can even hear it when the truck down shifts, which I could not hear before. Ive had very little drone and when it kicks down to 4cylinders it doesnt sound that bad at all. The systm itself is very well made and pretty simple to put in, you just realy have to take your time and constantly go back and forth adjusting the rubber hanger mounts, hangers, pipes then tighten the clamps a little and do it again, I realy took my time with the adjustments and clamping and I ended up with zero leaks. Overall I think its a great product at a fair price, good performance sound and a fun DIY project. As for now I am without it for 2 weeks, it is in the body shop cause it got absolutly murdered by hail, feel free to ask any questions, I know I had alot prior to buing it.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:46 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Reg Cab S/B 4X4
Trim Level: Sport/SLT
Color: Black Pearl
Rep:199
Blackzilla has a spectacular aura aboutBlackzilla has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackzilla

great vid on the install......wait til ya get some miles on it......mines been on for 1 1/2 yrs.......delete system is next.
Mods....Mopar CAI,Mufflex 14'' Retro,Mufflex 5'' Blk Tips,3M C/F Stripes,Blk Shortie Antenna,Low Profile Tonneau,20% Tint,De-Badge,5% Tint Front Stripe,In-Channel AVS,LED Rear Light Bar,Blk Interior Dash Kit, SilverStars High/Low/Fogs,Blk Chrome Shadow Badges,BT Blk Raptor Shifter Knob,Blk Dash Mat
Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 09 1500 ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: inferno red
Rep:10
gmoney72 is on a distinguished road

i got my mufflex 14" installed last week seems like it was louder the day it was installed maybe its just me i think i might remove the resonators too
Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:22
mattg1500 is on a distinguished road

nice vid! that old muffler was huge!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney72 View Post
i got my mufflex 14" installed last week seems like it was louder the day it was installed maybe its just me i think i might remove the resonators too
I wonder if after a couple days the computor adjust causing it to sound different after a few days , cause when I put my CAI in I was told the computor would adjust, dont know for sure , just a thought
Old 08-04-2010, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:48
Ramathorne is on a distinguished road

I had the DOD14 and IMO it just didn't have any bark...Yes it had a nice tone but wasn't a great deal louder than factory unless you really hammer down
I have the DODM80 now and its almost perfct
It has a noticeable tinny sound if you get on it after a cold start which is annoying but it goes away within a minute of cruising
If you are thinking DOD14 or DODM80, go with the DODM80!
Love it!
It leaks around the clamps the same as the DOD14 which drives me insane but I will soon fix that!
MUFFLEX needs to get at fixing that issue...2 guys have the MUFFLEX around here and theirs both leak too!