DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

first i read that most key fobs don't work, & i went thru that
now your saying that it works too good, take them out of your pocket & hang them on a clip on your pants belt loop
this post is crazier than a person draggin a trash bag all the way to the dumpster & complaining that it ripped open
some people should not be given a choice
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 slt
Trim Level: SLT work truck
Color: Bananna Yellow
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:16
waldig is on a distinguished road
Talking Wild remote

You might consider wrapping some tape on the remote to decrease the sensitivity of the remote to see if that assists you. If it works all the better, if not it is a no cost try. Woody

I have had remotes that were a PITA so I polished the button with a dremel to reduce the height of the butto.
Enjoy, Woody
Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:55
glamontagne will become famous soon enough

When I am at work, I take my keys and wallet out of my pockets and put in my desk drawer. This thread is quite funny. I've never heard of the fobs working "too good", most complaints are on them not working. As a caveat to the fogs not working, I have found that if I press the lock, then unlock on the fob, that it will jolt into action when it wasn't working.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: RAM
Rep:10
mabuz is on a distinguished road

So has anyone found out if this CAN be disabled by the dealership yet? I called mine today and they said they would look into it and get back to me.

Funny story on my end, well funny now, this morning I was furious though...

My truck is currently parked in the driveway due to a couple projects I'm working on at the new house. These projects are being worked on in my stall of the garage. Wife still gets to park her car in her side.

Anyways, last night I was crawling around under my wife's car, changing out her serpentine belt. Lots of fidgeting, leaning, and contorting my body since she drives a Toyota, and their engine bays are packed together so tightly.

Anyways, last night, we also happened to get about 2" of fresh snow too.

Anyone putting 2 + 2 together yet?

So I wake up early knowing I'm going to have to shovel and salt the driveway, and what do I discover upon getting out to the driveway? My Ram's windows have been down all night, and I have a fresh 2" of powdery snow blown all across my dash and front seats.

It is COVERED! On the INSIDE!

Awesome. I'm happy I can roll my windows down via remote while I'm in my garage and not know it. Especially during a snow storm.

Before anyone says "don't wear girl jeans", I used to be a skateboarder, and got to liking the loose jeans, so I still wear them now, just not quite as baggy and definitely not down around my ass any more.

Luckily for me, the truck's interior temp had time to cool down to the balmy 18 degrees or so that it was last night before the windows went down, so the snow was not able to melt. Took me 30 minutes of standing in the cold to brush out as much of it as I could. I ended up getting about 99% of the snow out, then I let the truck run with heater and A/C on high for a good half hour before heading out to work.

I'm going back to clipping my keys onto my beltloop with a carabiner again after this crap.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuz View Post
So has anyone found out if this CAN be disabled by the dealership yet? I called mine today and they said they would look into it and get back to me.

Funny story on my end, well funny now, this morning I was furious though...

My truck is currently parked in the driveway due to a couple projects I'm working on at the new house. These projects are being worked on in my stall of the garage. Wife still gets to park her car in her side.

Anyways, last night I was crawling around under my wife's car, changing out her serpentine belt. Lots of fidgeting, leaning, and contorting my body since she drives a Toyota, and their engine bays are packed together so tightly.

Anyways, last night, we also happened to get about 2" of fresh snow too.

Anyone putting 2 + 2 together yet?

So I wake up early knowing I'm going to have to shovel and salt the driveway, and what do I discover upon getting out to the driveway? My Ram's windows have been down all night, and I have a fresh 2" of powdery snow blown all across my dash and front seats.

It is COVERED! On the INSIDE!

Awesome. I'm happy I can roll my windows down via remote while I'm in my garage and not know it. Especially during a snow storm.

Before anyone says "don't wear girl jeans", I used to be a skateboarder, and got to liking the loose jeans, so I still wear them now, just not quite as baggy and definitely not down around my ass any more.

Luckily for me, the truck's interior temp had time to cool down to the balmy 18 degrees or so that it was last night before the windows went down, so the snow was not able to melt. Took me 30 minutes of standing in the cold to brush out as much of it as I could. I ended up getting about 99% of the snow out, then I let the truck run with heater and A/C on high for a good half hour before heading out to work.

I'm going back to clipping my keys onto my beltloop with a carabiner again after this crap.
Be there - Done that with rain in Houston! At least you got the opportunity to brush most of the snow out before it turned to water!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Austin Tan two tone
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
tbbucanrs is on a distinguished road

Just happen to me this morning. Never happened before so on the rainiest morning in So Cal history (so they are predicting) I come out and my windows are rolled down and the inside of my truck is soaked. I need this Turned OFF.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:51
Jason Rose will become famous soon enough

Wow, I had no idea I could roll down the windows with my remote... Gotta try that tomorrow. Of course now that I know about it they will probably end up getting rolled down by an errant pocket bump like other's have reported! I can't believe the windows down command is even a feature... Seems like the practical use for it versus the obvious problems with theft of items in your vehicle don't make it worth it. I assume it's so the trapped heat inside can be vented before you get to the vehicle, like as you are walking to it in a parking lot or in your driveway? Remote start kicks the A/C on high, and the drivers seat air as well (if you have that option), what's the need in having the windows down as well?