POWER WIRE INSTRUCTIONS
The POWER WIRE is designed to allow you to piggy back your Air Temperature Sensor without cutting your original factory harness. With the POWER WIRE installed your computer will receive an altered temperature reading that is approximately 20 degrees cooler than actual. This will cause the computer to advance the timing and at WOT add more fuel. It is the equivalent of turning the distributor of an older Non-computer controlled engines. This is not a new trick as advancing the timing for increased performance has been used for many years. This mod is advertised as a POWER MOD but has also been reported to increase fuel economy under a light foot in many cases but not in all. This mod can cause a decrease in fuel economy by nature when driven at WOT?but gains in increased HP are what you get in return. We recommend you remove this wire when taking it in for service as your service department may have a problem with this mod.
WARNING- Do not bend your POWER WIRE in half. The POWER WIRE comes shipped with two bends in it? these are the ONLY safe areas to bend the POWER WIRE.
1) ** With the key REMOVED from the ignition **
2) Locate your Air Temperature Sensor.
A) 2002 3.7L and 4.7L ? the sensor is located on the intake manifold, on the Drivers side of the throttle body 2nd intake runner from the back. It will be the GREY plug with two wires going into it.
B) 2003 UP 3.7L & 4.7L the sensor can be found on the passengers side of the resonator (The air hat that mounts directly on top of the engine) on the back. It will be the GREY plug with two wires going into it.
C) 2003 ? UP 5.7L the sensor is located on the FRONT passenger?s side of the resonator (The air hat that mounts directly on top of the engine) it is on the front bottom side. It will be the GREY plug with two wires going into it.
3) Remove Grey Air inlet temperature plug.
A) Gently Press the grey plug and remove from the sensor. No force is needed to remove this plug. If you need to use force you are doing it wrong.
4) ** ATTENTION ** At times the POWER WIRE plug may not want to install easily. Please DO NOT force the plug on to your sensor. All you need to do is: With a small flat time screwdriver slightly nudge the two prongs in the sensor just a hair towards each other. This will allow easy installation of the plug and will NOT effect the installation of the factor plug. It?s just a slight nudge on each prong. Continue this procedure until the POWER WIRE plug end slides on with LITTLE to no effort. You should NOT be able to see the difference by eye? It?s that small of an adjustment.
A) Install the BLUE end of the power wire into the intake sensor. Adjust if needed (See **ATTENTION** above)
B) Route the POWER WIRE in a way that it will avoid any HOT or moving parts. Be careful not to bend the POWER WIRE in the center, only bend where it has been pre-bent for you.
C) Plug the double Prong end of the POWER WIRE into the grey plug insuring contact with the female connectors inside the GREY plug. There is NO +/- side so it will work either way you plug it in.
D) Double check all your connections and insure they are all FULLY seated and making a good electrical connection.
5) After checking all connections it is safe to start the vehicle.
If you have ANY questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Originally Posted by crash83
got them in today and installed the jet scoop,but have no idea how to install the powerwire as it did not come with instructions
anyone know how?