DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
My ss got a ls is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowardcustoms View Post
I work with the witech daily I work at a Dodge Dealer I wish we had ways to do that the only people that have access to do things like that are chrysler engineers.. our version of the witech and starmobile is designed just as a diag. and test aplication we have very limited access to change things..
wow i thought they gave the dealers the same as what they give us at the factory guess not there is so much stuff they can do with these trucks and besides they are great trucks to start with this is my fourth ram and by far the best ride and comfort i have had so far
Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by My ss got a ls View Post
wow i thought they gave the dealers the same as what they give us at the factory guess not there is so much stuff they can do with these trucks and besides they are great trucks to start with this is my fourth ram and by far the best ride and comfort i have had so far
I wish we had you guys access I have been talking to an engineer from detroit the past month trying to figure out some things on my own truck it seems to all come down to me driving there him changing settings then driving back...But I think we may have come up with a solution a way to trick it into thinking it had the extra options from the factory I am going to try it sometime this week hopefully it works....
Old 08-11-2010, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:81
gregster will become famous soon enough
Default power pedals are a waste

I have the power adjustable pedals and I feel like its a big waste. I am not that tall (5ft9 or so) and I still end up setting the pedals all the way down (to where they are normally set on NON-adjustable pedals).
Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Rep:26
ken99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the only thing that I have been able to add to my SLT is the homelink module because its not controlled by anything.
I have interest in adding a homelink module to my 2010 SLT. Can you share how difficult this was? I have tracked down the part number from my local dodge parts counter, but they can't tell me if it's plug and play or not.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2010
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Rep:11
My ss got a ls is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregster View Post
I have the power adjustable pedals and I feel like its a big waste. I am not that tall (5ft9 or so) and I still end up setting the pedals all the way down (to where they are normally set on NON-adjustable pedals).
yea thats cause they were made for shorter people shorter than you my girl is very short 5'3 and she loves my truck when she drives right under the steering wheel and the pedals help her alot
Old 08-15-2010, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Light Graystone
Rep:20
Simcik is on a distinguished road

As far as PAP goes, looks like it's not doable. However, Dual climate control zone might be...

From what I have researched, the only difference between the HVAC systems on SLTs and Laramies is the pressence of the controls and IR temp sensor in the overhead console. The BCM controls the functions, and is identical on these different submodels. Theoretically, if you added the Dual Zone controls and the IR sensor, the system would work. I have not tried this, though to confirm. Though I do plan on doing soon at some point.

BTW, the cost would be about $200 for these two parts.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:03 PM

sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcik View Post
As far as PAP goes, looks like it's not doable. However, Dual climate control zone might be...

From what I have researched, the only difference between the HVAC systems on SLTs and Laramies is the pressence of the controls and IR temp sensor in the overhead console. The BCM controls the functions, and is identical on these different submodels. Theoretically, if you added the Dual Zone controls and the IR sensor, the system would work. I have not tried this, though to confirm. Though I do plan on doing soon at some point.

BTW, the cost would be about $200 for these two parts.
You have to be able download the configuration whats your plan of action on that? As you probly know the dual climate controls have a different sales codes. Plus the ac housings different the motor is different the resistors different the wirings different theres a different number of actuators. lot of difference..

Last edited by sowardcustoms; 08-16-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken99 View Post
I have interest in adding a homelink module to my 2010 SLT. Can you share how difficult this was? I have tracked down the part number from my local dodge parts counter, but they can't tell me if it's plug and play or not.
Hold off on it for a little bit I let the cat out of the bag to soon I will get back with you on the homelink I have the parts and chrysler says its addable but I like to verify it in place and working..
Old 08-16-2010, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Rep:26
ken99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hold off on it for a little bit I let the cat out of the bag to soon I will get back with you on the homelink I have the parts and chrysler says its addable but I like to verify it in place and working..
I understand and am not in that big of a hurry. According to my local parts contact at the dealership, the homelink module is somehow dependent on the compass module being in place. My SLT does have a compass module or at least ordinal directions are reported by the EVIC. I'll be watching for what you discover.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken99 View Post
I understand and am not in that big of a hurry. According to my local parts contact at the dealership, the homelink module is somehow dependent on the compass module being in place. My SLT does have a compass module or at least ordinal directions are reported by the EVIC. I'll be watching for what you discover.
Well there halfway right the compass module is part of the homelink module you would take your compass module out and replace it with the homelink/compass module they have the same connector then you still have to get the plastic housing with the buttons cut out alltho from looking at the two if you had a steady hand you could probly cut the hole out yourself and reuse the plastic housing....