DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
juako is on a distinguished road

It is possible, also I will need the inside thermometer. Today I will be doing more om my truck, I will keep you posted. I will try to upload a couple pics. Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Blue
Rep:71
Krpto1973 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by juako View Post
It is possible, also I will need the inside thermometer. Today I will be doing more om my truck, I will keep you posted. I will try to upload a couple pics. Thanks
Please do keep us informed on your progress on this, as well as the other guy who was doing the HomeLink upgrade. I am really interested in the HomeLink upgrade and want to see how difficult it was, and if there weere and EVIC issues. I know some people said that the HomeLink is independent of the vehicle and EVIC should not be as issue, but others have said that when pressing the HomeLink buttons, the EVIC system shows which button was pressed. That tells me there is a connection between HomeLink and the EVIC. Thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:17
JustinSane110 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Definitely keep us updated! Would be all about doing a dual climate upgrade on mine. Would be great to find out our trucks are like the Tundra's and already come "pre-wired" for some of the optional equipment. (whether they admit it or not)
Old 02-19-2011, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Quote:
New here, I just got my digital climate control trying to replace the manual one on my SLT. OK it fit perfect, it illuminates the LCD temperature goes up an down, but the fan does not turn on, there is another harness with thick wires that I believed controls that. If anybody has an idea about how to bypass or something please let know/
You would be better off posting this in a thread of its own. Its likely not to be seen by the folks with the answers here.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
ronnie11223 is on a distinguished road

so were you able to upgrade to the digital climate control???? did you blow up????just kidding I am looking to do this to my 2011 ram sport
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:145
sowardcustoms will become famous soon enoughsowardcustoms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie11223 View Post
so were you able to upgrade to the digital climate control???? did you blow up????just kidding I am looking to do this to my 2011 ram sport
LOL probably blew up...
Old 08-26-2013, 03:27 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:73
IN2H2O will become famous soon enough

Funny nobody answered back on the homelink portion of this thread. I recently added an overhead to my truck and I chose one with a homelink feature and it works fine. It's an independent transmitter fitted inside the overhead module. I even had it working on my shop bench before I installed it in the truck.

One thing I was disappointed in is that it still functions with the keys out of the truck. I guess that makes sense but one of the reasons I wanted it in the first place was to eliminate the garage door opener on my visor which can be used by anyone to gain access to my house thru my garage. I may end up adding a relay or changing the power source so that it is dead unless the keys are in the truck.

Really interested in the dual climate control as well and may tackle that one soon now that all my other upgrades are complete.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500
Color: white
abissus is on a distinguished road

Please keep us posted!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram slt sport quad
Trim Level: SLT with sport pkge
Color: Inferno red
Rep:22
bigtone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowardcustoms View Post
This is a pretty common discusion among people from the new cars trucks and jeeps. the simplist answer is you have to have the ability to change different set options in the TIPM if the TIPM says not set for power adjustable pedals there is no way to change it to set in other words if the TIPM says the truck didnt come with that option it wont control that option whether its there or not. If chrysler gave us all the build codes to use in added options in dealerconnect or access on the witech to change settings it would be possible alltho the auto climate control would be pretty pricey you would have to change the entire housing and the dash wiring is different as well as the obvious controller. Looking thru the TIPM config. there's options in there that are not even offered like HID lights, Keyless Go and some others the only thing that I have been able to add to my SLT is the homelink module because its not controlled by anything. with that said I did find some things that you can add but not to just any truck my next project is changing my plastic steering wheel to the leather wrapped one that has radio controls the codes are there to add this option but I'm not sure about the wiring yet I haven't torn it apart yet but I will keep you guys posted I also found and completed I think to be the first Ram ST with keyless entry and remote start like it came from the factory chrysler says its impossible...
I don't mean to disagree, but even though the vehicle may not have been equipped with some options, the computer MAY recognize them and still control them. I added heated/ventilated seats to my 2010 ram, and they did work when I added the switches. The leds on the switches do not work, but they do heat and cool. The other comments are correct, only the factory can change the build on a vehicle.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:73
IN2H2O will become famous soon enough

Having just added factory power windows, doors locks, keyless entry, mirrors (including heat option), overhead console, Sirius, RB1 NAV, 7 speaker infinity sound and fog lights to an 2003 SL, I say it works. Granted I had to add a ton of wiring to accomplish all this, but I didn't run into any problems where the computer didn't accept any of the upgrades. Other than the door locks that are run thru the cluster, everything else is relay logic thru the control module.

When I added the factory fog lamp switch - The new switch activated the relay as soon as I plugged it in but I had to add one wire from the ecm back to the switch so the "lamp on" LED would function. Most of the wiring was in place for this particular circuit but I had to add a single wire from the ecm down to the big connector by the drivers left foot area.

The schematic for the electric pedals appears quite straightforward with no surprises or computer control, (at least on the older model trucks like mine). I would be happy simply with the adjustable pedals themselves but some of these newer trucks have the multi user memory modules as well which may cause some issues. Personally I would have no issue with bypassing the memory option altogether and running it straight off the switches.

Last edited by IN2H2O; 12-09-2013 at 09:43 PM.