DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Plus
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
charlie3133 is on a distinguished road
Default Squeaky Center Console

When the weather gets hot the center console around the auto shifter squeaks. I guess something is expanding in the heat.

Anyone else have this?

Its no big deal but I thought I would see if anyone else has this. If not I will take it to dealer and get them to look at it.

Thanks

Charlie
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:10
BigHorn2010 is on a distinguished road

I've only had my 2010 for a couple weeks but have the same issue. Noticed as soon as I took delivery and had the dealer look at it. They said it has to do with expansion/contraction with temps and they adjusted it the best they could (didn't help at all). My service advisor said he would order a new console for me if I wanted but he said it would do the same thing. I figure i'll try and put some foam padding in somewhere when I have time to figure out how it comes apart. If that doesn't work then maybe i'll let them replace the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie3133 View Post
When the weather gets hot the center console around the auto shifter squeaks. I guess something is expanding in the heat.

Anyone else have this?

Its no big deal but I thought I would see if anyone else has this. If not I will take it to dealer and get them to look at it.

Thanks

Charlie
Old 08-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I've got the center console on my 10 and it doesn't make a peep. So I'd call BS on what you're being told based on my own experience.

My 09 had it too and didn't make any noise.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 08-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's completely quiet too.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 08-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: Sport/ChallengerHood
Color: White
admirem is on a distinguished road

Bought my Ram 2 weeks ago and was concerned about the plastic console parts. Mine started to squeak and as I looked I noticed that the center chrome(plastichrome) surrounding the black was not tight. Pushed down all the way around it and it snugged up nicely. you might have the same issue. Verdict is still out on long term of so much plastic?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram TRX4 Quad Cab Hemi
Trim Level: TRX4 Quad Cab
Color: Deep Water Blue Two-Tone
Rep:59
r0kawn will become famous soon enough

I seem to be getting squeeks/rattles from the trim plastic surrounding the radio and hvac controls. If I press on the plastic above the hvac below the radio, it's silent. Is this something the dealer can take care of? I don't wanna try prying the trim off myself to put foam or weather stripping behind it and risk breaking. My trucks only a week old.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Its a new truck, take it to the dealer.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Two-tone Tan
Jim H is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 Center Console Squeaks

It is a thermal expansion issue. I live in Houston and on hot days (93+F) the center console squeaks until the AC cools down the interior. My truck has what looks like real thin, small sheets of Teflon (I think) that someone (the dealer?) put between the floor console and the main dash where they butt up to each other. It was there when I bought the truck new. One of the pieces has started to work itself out and now rubs slightly when the interior is hot. I am thinking that I will be able to replace the strips or put something else to cushion the two when it gets cold later in the year. It's really irritating that my buddy has a 5 year old Tundra with no rattles or squeaks at all.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:99
Win will become famous soon enough

Take it to the dealer. It could be 1 of 2 things. The chrome trim around the shifter assembly, or the floor console is too far forward causing contact with temperature changes. For the chrome trim, we add clear rubberized pads to the mounts to keep them from creaking. If not, at the bottom of the front radio bezel should be a rubberized clear pad on both sides. The tech's can either check that or just loosen the floor console and pull it back a bit and retighten. We do many of these repairs at our dealer for this issue.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
lbheyman is on a distinguished road

My center console squeaked in my Lincoln LS I had. I went to wally world and bought some felt pads for the bottom of furniture and put those between where I thought it was making noise...fixed the problem. Just FYI.