DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.9 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
mateojuanhijo is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for Advice on Mods

I'm driving a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, and right now I'm trying to decide whether to sell my truck and upgrade to something else, or to upgrade my current truck to make it more enjoyable. As part of this decision, I'm looking for advice and input from fellow ram drivers on what upgrades are worth paying for.

I know that I want to uprgrade the suspension, plugs wires and distributor cap, air intake, and possibly new exhaust. So I'm looking for advice on quality products in the those categories. In addition, anything else you guys think is worth paying for.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I'd consider the cost of the mods and the cost of a newer truck in order to make the decision as which way to go. The other thing is, how many miles does your Ram have on it? Any issues (mechanical, rust, etc) with it?

Basically figure out the best use of your money.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

well, if you really wanna wake up your truck and make it more enjoyable for you, get an exhaust first. You'll feel the difference, and it sounds a lot better.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I agree with RB . Whats the overall condition of the truck ? Is it worth modding or doing repairs to it to make it last and look good for years to come . If it's in good shape then I would definitely look into exhaust , cai , and a tuner . Tuner will run roughly $300.00 . A cai $225.00 - $300.00 . Exhaust pretty much depends on what you want to do . Could range anywhere from a couple hundred dollars to a thousand dollars , but thats with a wide range of possible exhaust combinations .