DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
Dukecdn is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhemi65 View Post
I have an '04 ram quad cab which had the same problem. Speaker and power lock stopped working on my rt rear door last summer. I found that the wires between the door pillar and the door were cut clean through. You have to remove the rubber boot that protects the wire harness. This is an easy fix, just unplug the harness from the door pillar, pull back the boot and splice the wires.
I was surprised to see that someone else had the exact same problem as I did. I wonder if someone on the assembly line had a bad day?????

Good Luck

SM
Thanks man. I just had the passenger door lock was not working, fixed that and my speaker did worked, but not the Drivers side. so I had to pull that a part and repair that side.
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

im gonna have to agree with everyone else i would just trace all the wires and check connections if you find any corroded connections replace them....good luck fixing this bud!!
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 02-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Dukecdn is on a distinguished road

[IMG]file:///Users/duainedukeshire/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/duainedukeshire/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]Thanks for the Info. It was the answer I was looking for. I Actually had to both side for the speaker wires. Just the rear Passenger side door for the locks
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Dark Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
06BlueMegaCab is on a distinguished road

Hey I have a 06 ram mega cab, I had the same problem as you did. I just went down to the dealer and got a new door lock act. but the problem was the little black boot inbetween the door and door frame. You have to pull the door panel off and then peel back the platic liner on the bottom right to get to the door wiring harness. Once you get to it. its a snap plug and pull it back to where you can see it. You will have to remove the rubber black boot to see the wires. and there will be one or two cut in half. just match the colors up and solder them and heat shrink them and problem sloved. If need better directions, you can use google like i did,
Old 08-10-2011, 12:58 PM
LenP

Default Wiring harness from 'B' pillar into rear door - FYI

My power lock and window stopped working on the driver's side rear door, so I check the wiring running from the 'B' pillar into the rear door and what a mess...

five wires were broken clean though and two more were going down that same road

so I checked with the dealer and it will cost me $180. for the wiring harness that connects from the pillar into the door.

Trying to splice seven wires just doesn't seem to be the thing to do so I'm coughing up the dough.

Hope this helps others!
Len
Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: charcoal
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
02ram1500quadcab is on a distinguished road

Rear speakers weren't working and drivers side lock wouldn't work. I traced the wires and found that in the rubber boot between the door and door frame ther were 5 wires broken on the drivers side. Fixed them and went to the passenger side and found one speaker wire broke. Fixed that and now my window will not roll up. Traced the power clear down to the motor. I really don't think the motor went out at the same time as me fixing the wire. I hear it trying to go down but nothing for going up...... has anyone came across this and if so can I get some advice!!!!!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
nosu13 is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoArkSi View Post
I have an 05 quad cab with the same problem.......driverside rear door. I Have spliced the wires twice now, does anyone know where I can get a complete door harness??? I looked and where it connects at the door pillar, it goes into the door and splits to all the different areas. Thanks for any help.

I have the same issues on my 03 rear driverside door where nothing works not even the dome light but I found a web site with the entire wiring for the door at www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/WIRING-Rear-Door-With-Power-Locks/4461973/56045815AE.html I have not ordered the part yet because I just had to put a new rear end in mine so I have to wait a little while, I hope this helps.