DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

well, my CB is a required object in my profession. i need instant access to change channels.
I also have a auxiliary fan under my CB for extra cooling, i cringed when the audio shop drilled the hole in my roof, but, a good ground plane is the center of the roof. you would need duals to come close to matching it.
my cb is not exactly 5 amp, i put out as much power as i can without using a linear
if your not a professional, you won't need the setup that i have, i have both 10 & 11 meter bands, by the way, i run a ranger 6300 F150 : Ranger Radio - RCI6300F150 - 10 Meter Radio, its no longer available & i want a spare
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Light Graystone
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Simcik is on a distinguished road

I'm looking to add a CB to mine too. I thought about getting a slim line one and fitting in sideways in the map pocket on the side of the center console. If I can find a slim unit, it should fit nicely.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: Steel Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
wallym777 is on a distinguished road

A spray in bedliner will not affect the ground, but you may want to add an extra ground strap or two from frame to bed and from cab to bed/frame.

DSPTYWCADET09, I'll try to do pics in the next day or so.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallym777 View Post
A spray in bedliner will not affect the ground, but you may want to add an extra ground strap or two from frame to bed and from cab to bed/frame.

DSPTYWCADET09, I'll try to do pics in the next day or so.
Thanks! That'd be great
Old 08-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Color: Steel Gray
Rep:25
wallym777 is on a distinguished road

This is the installation of a Yaesu 7900 in my truck. Truck pics showing the antenna are in the 2010 forum.

The radio under the seat is held in place with pop rivited aluminum strip held under the seat post.

Radio under the seat

p1010003.jpg

Control head on the dash. Open "storage" area, remove the rubber and there are two holes, held the control head with bent brass rod, may do a better job later.

p1010004.jpg

Speaker with mount using the dash attachment screw.

p1010005.jpg

Power cable run through the firewall grommet.

p1010006.jpg

Except for the antenna cable fed through the drain plug under the front seat and a small gut in the carpet onder the seat, this is a no drill installation.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Thank you very much
Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about

I have manual seats, but there are three wiring harnesses under the driver seat. I assume these are for power seats. Does anyone know the schematics for these wires? I would think i could piggyback onto them for power and ground, if i knew which was which.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

i have to have a portable cb with me on the job for truckers & California Highway Patrol, i actually have 3 of them, 2 handhelds & 1 that i turned over to my audio guy for fitting into a case that i bought, he loves a challenge
its a CB Radio 40 channel 75 WX ST Compact/Remote Mount CB Radio with SoundTracker® and NOAA Weather
after the radio was put into the case, i took it to a CB guy that likes to play around with output & he boosted the radio by taking the mic apart & turning a single screw

I just put the magnetic mount on the officers roof & run the cable either thru a cracked open window or open the door & let it close on the cable.
then i open the box & pull out the mic, & power cord & set them into the slots in the suitcase, then run in the antenna wire, close up the box & set the mic to on & set the channel, the microphone is a bit bulky, but, it works great. I can change from 1 vehicle to another quite easily
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 08-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

nice question and nice responses. Could also be mounted under the dash using drop brackets, since u have the bench seat. But I like the box made with it in there, make u a box with the cb and leave the rest for future mods or upgrades!

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance