DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about
Default Dont buy your Ram from a honda dealer

About a week ago I bought my 05 Ram for a Honda dealer. Was a little weary but the deal was amazing Ive been looking for an upgrade to my Dakota for a few weeks and 17k for an 05 slt 4.7 4x4 w/ 49k miles was to good to pass up. Well after driving it for a few days very slight bumps a nice little squeak (I think its the balljoints or possible a shock although they do not look blown at all) when accelerating 0-20 a squeal (I think its a wheel bearing possibly HOPEFULLY not the rear end). Now I am by no means a mechanic so my ideas could be 100& percent wrong. But when I called the dealer they told me to take it a dodge dealer b/c they have no clue whats going on w/ a full size truck (lol rice rockets) well that just scares me a little. On top of all that the air filter I go from w/ the truck was the original and scaringly dirty had to replace. the brake pads are basically gone. For all I know the truck could be 100% mechanically sound (thats what jeep dodge 17 told me but I find that hard to believe as my truck squealed leaving the dealer) so tom. it goes to my mechanic. I hope everythings good at 49k it sholdnt be anything major it is a Dodge not a Ford (I hate to heard an I told you so from all my Ford buddies) ok my rants over if anyone as any ideas of what these noises may be or any similar prob w/ this body style lemme hear em
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

I'm nowhere close to an expert, so here's a bump for you.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:32 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

What do you exactly mean when you say slight bumps?
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

The noise is probably the urethane bushings, the squeal is possibly a wheel bearing...

Get it checked out for sure, sounds like the previous owner wasnt much on preventive maintenance

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I won't trust my truck to a honda dealership... so I'd have the dodge dealer have a look at it, but the squeal could be a bearing. Did you get a mechanical inspection before you bought it?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:56 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

that suxs dude defently get it looked at asap!!!
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Find em hot leave em wet

Vehicle: 12 RAM 1500 qc 4x4 HEMI
Trim Level: express
Color: bright silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:204
moparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura aboutmoparmanicac has a spectacular aura about

Well took it to a dealer all they had to say was that I desperatley needed new brakes and a throttle body cleaning and it'd be 600$...yea right. So the truck went to my normal mechanic he said brakes where a lil low but ddnt need new ones desperatley. I thought it was bearing to so I had them check the wheels bearing and the whole suspension they said the squeal was just from the truck sitting and thank god after about 2weeks of that scary noise it has started to die down and now pretty much dissappear. As for the noise when hitting any bump its gotten a little quieter and my mechanic said he could not find any fault in the whole suspension and driveline and that the noise may just be worn but still fine bushings. So that all worked out for the most part with nothing but dissrespect and no help from honda (go figure) but no I got a check engine for a small evap leak but its w/e I passed inspection. W/ it and I suspect its just b/c I'm missing the little door at the top of the filler neck inside my gas tank ill prob have that looked into later this week I checked all evap lines and found nothing myself I love this truck but its been an interesting month since I got it next step start the modding and take this bamf 4wheeling