DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Maximum Care Warranty Details

7K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  RootBeer 
#1 · (Edited)
My other thread comparing the Chrysler Maximum Care warranty and other warranties was getting a bit long in the tooth.

I called one of the companies given the in the links on that thread and requested documentation on the warranty. To put it bluntly, any dealer not offering this warranty to their customers is doing a HUGE disservice to their customers. In my opinion.

These warranties are NOT available at all Chrysler related dealers. Some want you to only buy the ones they offer. I'll not go into my theories behind that. But I will tell you what my dealer said when I questioned them on this the other day.

I was told they don't offer it because with the warranty they offer, they control what is and is not covered. Whereas with the manufacturer warranty everything is decided at corporate. While there is a grain of truth, the sheer amount of covered items in the manufacturer warranty vs the "after-market" warranties offered by the dealers is overwhelming.

Currently my dealer is scrambling to keep my warranty business by trying to get their corporate HQ to let them transfer my "after-market" warranty to the Lifetime Maximum Care warranty at no additional cost. Reality is they will likely lose out because I can get the $50 deductible warranty for less money than what they are charging for the $100 after-martket warranty or will charge for the Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty.

Keep in mind, the entire discussion surrounds the Maximum Care warranty only, not the lesser manufacturer warranties available.

The two companies/links are here:
http://www.eservicecontracts.com/maximumcare.htm
http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/index.cfm

I have also copied/scanned the details of the warranty info I was sent. A couple points of note first.

1. Diesel IS covered.
2. Deductibles of $100, $50, and $0 are available.
3. Coverage is available in varying lengths up to Lifetime. One drawback to the lifetime is that is not transferable, but you can get a pro-rated refund on it should you trade in or sell the truck. The shorter term plans are transferable, however that's only if you sell the truck outright. Trading it in will do no good in that regard because the dealer won't tell the new buyer about it, in most cases. But you can still get the pro-rated refund.

See less See more
#2 ·
I saw your other post and I am looking into the contract from eservicecontracts. They were the cheapest of the two even with the limited time $190 extra discount from chryslerwarrantys.

My dealer never mentioned the Factory warranty but tried to sell me an after market one. Turns out they have a financial interest in it and, from what I found on the internet, a lot of complaints on how claims were handled.

I've never had a service contract but with the new technology in these vehicles I have become a convert.

#3 ·
I agree the eservicecontracts pricing is amazing. I totally agree on the need for one with all the new technology on these vehicles. In my case, I plan to keep my Ram a very long time so I'm going after the lifetime warranty.

#4 ·
I called eservicecontracts and signed up for the 7/70,000 warranty w/$100 deductible. They told me that the price was $950 as Chrysler raised the price. I told them it said $900 on their web site and after a slight pause they gave it to me for the $900.

As I stated, I never took an extended warranty before but with all the electronics in this vehicle I decided to play it safe. I had my last vehicle for 8 years so I hope 7 will be enough to keep me safe with this one.

G
#5 ·
Good stuff, Brian. I have the Chrysler Service Contracts Maximum Care warranty on both of my Mopar vehicles and have had to collect on it twice for the truck. I may have to collect on it for the car soon.

I bought these from ChryslerServiceContracts. com directly and it was honored at my local dealership with no problems.

#6 ·
So I purchased the Chrysler Service Contract - Maximum Care with unlimited miles/years. The guy did a good job selling me on the extended warranty. Like you guys, with all the modern electronics it is almost a necessity to have an extended warranty. My big concern with the factor 3/36k was doing your own maintenance voids it. I perform all my own maintenance so i made sure the maximum care warranty would not be voided by my maintenance. The price is pretty heafty but all it needs is one transmission to go out and it pays for itself. I plan on owning this truck until at least 200k miles so I figure its cheap insurance over the long haul. I only hope the truck doesnt get totaled in that period!

#9 ·
The attachments were taking up a huge amount of my allotted attachment space, so I've deleted them.

However, if anyone wants to see the details of the Maximum Care warranty PM me and give me your email address. I'll gladly send them to you.

I am in no way associated with this, its just what I think is the best extended warranty on the market, for our Rams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.