DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:83
cosbourn will become famous soon enough

you know if you calc how much money he's making on just the BFI's alone:

107+ people total on wait list
$330 base price

107x330=$35310

and thats only in 6 months..Granted he's got overhead and shit but you would think that if he hired somebody to help him he could get his production up and easily double this.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLt/Lonestar Edition
Color: Mineral Gray Metalic
Rep:167
jpaul51 has a spectacular aura aboutjpaul51 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbourn View Post
you know if you calc how much money he's making on just the BFI's alone:

107+ people total on wait list
$330 base price

107x330=$35310

and thats only in 6 months..Granted he's got overhead and shit but you would think that if he hired somebody to help him he could get his production up and easily double this.

Hope it's not another 6 months of this!
2007 Ram 1500 QC w/ 5.7 Hemi, , Comp Cams XFI 260H-13, Diablosport Predator Tuner w/ Custom CMR Tune, Composite BFI with AMSOIL synthetic dry filter, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, BBK Shorty Headers, 14" Magnaflow, Doug's Headers 3" Electric Cutout, NGK spark plugs, Sonnax 545RFE Trans Line Booster, Jet 180* Tstat, AMSOIL oil & filter, SprintBooster, Billet Grill, GT Truck Products Fiberglass Bed cover, Liquid Metal wheels
Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul51 View Post
Hope it's not another 6 months of this!
yeah no joke. its a lookin like mine wont be here before christmas. damn.
Westin Ultimate Bull Bar w/ IPF 968CSG lights, Husky Mud Flaps, Bedlined GoRhino Dominator II steps, Bedlined Fuel Door, RBP Pedal-Covers, Clarion CZ300, Composite BFI (#71) w/ 8" Tall Amsoil Filter + K&N Drycharger Prefilter, AirRam Scoop, Flex-a-Lite 183, dumped Aeroturbine 3030XL
Old 10-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
cole3986 is on a distinguished road

OK - I have read all twelve pages of this thread and gone to airflow innovations web site - is this a cold air intake? it appears to be filter on a tube-- where is this filter mounted? Is this intake better than a Volant? why is this intake so good? No sarcasm just do not understand what makes this intake so good-there are no details on airflow innovations web site regarding installation pictures and no insight has been given on all 12 pages herein-I need some education on this- please help
Old 10-02-2010, 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 07 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: silver
Rep:68
moparmike07 will become famous soon enough

From what lance said it will preform better. he has shown better results with this. I will call him this Friday If i don't get it by octor 25 i will ask for a refund.

2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5 percent tint all around 35 percent windshield, ported tb, diablo sport, arh headers, magnaflow dual exhaust, magnaflow y pipe, krc210x cam,nitrous,CNC ported head. 4.56 motive
Old 10-02-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3986 View Post
OK - I have read all twelve pages of this thread and gone to airflow innovations web site - is this a cold air intake? it appears to be filter on a tube-- where is this filter mounted? Is this intake better than a Volant? why is this intake so good? No sarcasm just do not understand what makes this intake so good-there are no details on airflow innovations web site regarding installation pictures and no insight has been given on all 12 pages herein-I need some education on this- please help
well it's pretty obvious bro that were talking about a CAI. Airflow's website tab at the top to look at the BFI says INTAKES. All of the details are on the BFI are here: http://airflowinnovationscorp.com/intakes/bfi.html
He hasn't updated the websites info page down at the bottom but this is what the new product really is and is located at the top

straight off that page is this paragraph:

"The best air intake for the Hemi powered Ram trucks just got better!
Introducing a bold new step in the use of materials, The BFI air intake in a Carbon fiber and Braided fiberglass.
Center core is made with 2 layers of Carbon Fiber then we wrap the exterior surfaces in a Fine weave braided figerglass
The exterior surfaces are then finished in a high gloss Black gelcoat.

Lighter
Stronger
Improved shape
Show quality Black gloss finish
Will fit Hemi engines 5.7, 4.7, 3.7."

The BFI is the best CAI on the market short of a Ram-Air Induction set-up like the Vararam. But as already discussed in this thread the Vararam is made of shit materials and this new BFI is going to made of CF, Fiberglass, Gelcoat Paint to insure a product that will last the life of the vehicle. The new BFI is going to be using an improved shape, ditching the old 16 gauge steel housing and older filter for all new ones. New NASCAR tested filter material, the composite materials to keep intake temp's down, and a better shape for air flow. Their aren't very many reviews on the BFI but the ones that have been written on it show how much more it can do for your setup than anything else on the market. Spedly over at DodgeForum has a review over the old steel one. Just google Spedly and it's the second one that pops up.
The reason why there have not been any new reviews on the Composite BFI's is because the guy making them is so backed up on orders and has been dicking around in the process of R&D. To date he has over 107+ backed up orders and he has only produced a little less than 500 total BFI's since their origination over two years ago. They are made by hand by one guy who knows what he's doing but is taking forever to get his shit together.
I already have posted info on HP/TQ numbers from a static run using the old RAMHAMMER which is the BFI's predecessor. The BFI has a better shape than the RAMHAMMER so essentially those numbers are going to be a little bit lower than what you could expect on a 3rd Gen Ram. The 4th Gen's already have a decent stock intake so these numbers could probably be right on or could be a little higher than what you could expect. There is plenty of info being tossed around in this thread. Go back and look through all of it again because we have covered almost everything. Any more questions you have you can shoot.

Last edited by cosbourn; 10-02-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmike07 View Post
From what lance said it will preform better. he has shown better results with this. I will call him this Friday If i don't get it by octor 25 i will ask for a refund.
worth a try. i mean seriously nothing should take 6 months.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:48 PM

any new word from Lance anybody? I e-mailed him yesterday because I couldn't get a hold of him Friday by phone. And this is what he said back when I asked what the new ETA for shipping and order confirmations would be:

"Please try to understand I am basically a one man band here, as much as I am trying to relaunch the BFI air intake I am also trying to manage existing products which inevitably pay for the development and launch of the BFI.

I work 7 days a week trying to keep up with the numerous tasks at hand but at the end of the day I want our products to be right and given the size of the company this is a daunting task.

I will get a thread posted on ramforumz as soon as possible, know that I am doing everything I can to bring the BFI to market as quickly as I can."
Old 10-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Bicycle 1970
Trim Level: Rusty
Color: Dirt
Rep:10
Airflowgo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Airflowgo

Hi my name is Lance, I am the owner of Airflow Innovations the maker of the BFI air intake.

Well its Sunday..and I would love to read this post carefully but honestly I dont have time, I have orders to pack, emails to answer and business to get ready for Monday.

As the previous post states, I will create a thread in the next few days outlining the release and details of the BFI air intake.

Understand that our goal is to get this into the market as soon as possible and it its only a few days now.
At the same time meet or exceed expectations for performance, strength, weight reduction, manufacturing reproducibility oh and do it with an advanced material that is unlike anything in the marketplace, not to mention do all this while making it at a reasonable price.

Shown is our ARIA air intake with examples of our recently introduced airbrush service.
The purple filter is also one of our exclusive products not to mention the 7 other colors we have available.

I am confident the upcoming BFI Composite thread will answer most of the questions raised in this thread but I would ask speculators wait until such time as actual facts are published...the pre-order list is about 20 orders.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLt/Lonestar Edition
Color: Mineral Gray Metalic
Rep:167
jpaul51 has a spectacular aura aboutjpaul51 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

These look awesome!
2007 Ram 1500 QC w/ 5.7 Hemi, , Comp Cams XFI 260H-13, Diablosport Predator Tuner w/ Custom CMR Tune, Composite BFI with AMSOIL synthetic dry filter, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, BBK Shorty Headers, 14" Magnaflow, Doug's Headers 3" Electric Cutout, NGK spark plugs, Sonnax 545RFE Trans Line Booster, Jet 180* Tstat, AMSOIL oil & filter, SprintBooster, Billet Grill, GT Truck Products Fiberglass Bed cover, Liquid Metal wheels