DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
ram8923 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
I believe that is the correct one, but WOW that price!!!
ok thanks for the help man. i know the price is killing me for a harness its more than most single din head units. and one other question do you know if i will be able to keep the steering wheel controls or will i need the other adapter on top of it?
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 QuadCab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft
Rep:68
Ostranza will become famous soon enough

Hello, great thread here! I've got a question regarding single DIN vs Double DIN on a 2004 Ram 1500 QuadCab SLT. How can I put a double DIN unit in like a Clarion VX400 with the NP400? (BTW what do you think of these? I'm only going with them because I get a steep employee discount ) Is there an aftermarket bezel/trim available? Or should I just stick with the single DIN VZ400? (will this work?)

I'm just a big fan of NAV units

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:49 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Single DIN adapters are available, double din in that year model usually requires quite a bit of custom work.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 QuadCab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2004-2004 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 600 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 600lb/ft
Rep:68
Ostranza will become famous soon enough

Ok I'll go ahead with the Single DIN. Did you say adapter? What is the stock size of the 2004 Ram 1500? Any comments/criticism on the units? Just hoping I don't run into some major obstacles during install. I've done a few radios but its not always gone smooth :/
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! They aren't always as easy as some people think.

There is an adapter available that fills in the "oval" shape of the factory head unit and provides a nice single DIN cutout for mounting an aftermarket piece.

Clarion makes some great head units, they definitely fly under the radar as far as recommendations go. Definitely one of the tops available these days for sound quality.

Does your truck have the Infinity upgrade? You will need a new wiring harness to make everything compatible if you do (if you are retaining the factory amp).
Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:38
vonirkinshtine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonirkinshtine View Post
Hey guys! So...I just got a 2005 1500 SLT that has this radio in it:
[picture removed]

Reading through the owner's manual it says that "mode" button is used to cycle through the optional CD changer or satellite radio. NOW, I don't have any of those things, but I take that to mean that this head unit has the ability to accept "auxiliary" inputs. Is there a way I can tap into that ability and add a 1/8" stereo plug for connection of an MP3 player?

I know it would probably be easier to just add an aftermarket head unit, but I love keeping the "stock" look. If I can keep the stock head unit but add the ability to play back from an MP3 player, I would be a happy camper :-)
Nevermind! I answered my own question!
http://replacementradios.com/product...roducts_id=621
I just need to buy one of those and problem solved! God I love factory integration!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonirkinshtine View Post
Nevermind! I answered my own question!
http://replacementradios.com/product...roducts_id=621
I just need to buy one of those and problem solved! God I love factory integration!
Excellent news.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500 Big Horn----
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Pearl White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:28
M109R is on a distinguished road

Is there a "special tool" needed to remove the stock head unit? My wife's Pontiac takes a special removal tool thingy and i wanna make sure the Ram doesnt take something like this as well to remove the stock head unit?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 PM

No sir nothing like that required, just some patience and a bit of finesse with the clips.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: SLT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HPmopars is on a distinguished road

Few questions before I start my audio upgrades...

2010 Regular Cab SLT with the basic 6 speaker, single disc, sat radio...

1. Does my system have a factory amp(s), if so where?

2. If I upgrade to the (high speed) MyGig Nav radio is it just plug & play? (besides the nav ant.)

3. Do the MyGig's have built in amp power?

4. Does my current factory deck and the Mygig have the Sat radio module built in? If not where is it located in my truck?

5. I don't have factory steering wheel controls, but if I bought them from the dealer, are they just "plug and play"?

Thanks for the help in advance