DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:15
Patriots293 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2001 1500, it has a regular cab, could I put subs under the driver seat or passenger seat?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsp919 View Post
I am about to take the plunge and update my entire system. I know absolutely nothing about car audio so I want to run this by the pros.

I am not looking to rattle the pictures of the walls of nearby houses and I don't care one bit if the car beside me can hear me. My loud music days are long gone. That being said, I do want it to sound clean and crisp, and on occasion when I do turn it up it will still sound good.

Here is what I'm looking at. If anyone has any suggestions or advise that would be great. Like I said, I am a total newb at car audio so please turn the flame throwers down a little.

Pioneer avh-p5200bt for the head unit
It is really more than I wanted to spend but has all the features i'm looking for.

Infinity Reference 3 1/2 for the dash
Kicker ds 6x9 for the front doors
Kicker ds 6 1/2 for the rear doors
Kicker comp 10's under the rear seat
Kicker zx350.4 amp for the highs
Kicker zx300.1 for the subs.

My main questions are
Are the Kicker ds speakers decent quality?
Will the amps be the correct wattage for the speakers and will they fit under the seats?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, yes, and yes.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 PM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots293 View Post
I have a 2001 1500, it has a regular cab, could I put subs under the driver seat or passenger seat?
I don't know how much room is under the seats on a 2001. Can you take some measurements for us? Might be able to squeeze some 8 or 10" subs under there.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram 98 318ci View Post
i bought the alpine x-series speakers the 17-ref and the R-type for the rear and i have an older amp and the tweeters are "clipping" i think it is because my amp isnt powerful enough that i have or are the tweeters blown i think the amp is only a 200 watt or so and the installer at 6th ave said it was the amp, i installed a tsunami bi amp install kit with the 4 ga and 8 ga wire and that helped a little probably getting better power from the bigger wire
Where is the gain level on the amp set at?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smplyamzng View Post
Anyone using bass tubes or bazookas? I'm thinking maybe a 500w rms 8'' in a ported tube underneath the rear set may give a pretty decent sound.

Still a noob so yeah lol
Have you listened to one yet? I would listen to one before deciding.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkk View Post
Just bought my first Ram (love it by the way) and looking to put a half decent system in it. Right now I'm scoping out the Atrend 12-inch Dual Fire-Up Enclosures with two 12'' Kickers (4 ohm with 400W RMS, 800W peak). They're shallow mounts so it should fit in the box. I'm planning on powering them with a Kicker KX800.2.

That part of all just for opinion on how you guys think it'll sound. The main question has to do with the head unit. I'm completely clueless on this one. Having never replaced a stock like the one in my 2008 Ram, I have no idea how it will fit in. How does one account for the extra half circle outcroppings from the volume and tuner knobs. What are some possible head units I can look into?

EDIT: 2008 Ram SLT Quad Cab
Image below is the current head unit I have, I'm looking for ways to install an aftermarket HU.

There is an adapter that fits an aftermarket single DIN head unit into the dash and fills in those gaps.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxHunting View Post
With this head unit will I need this wiring harness?

Head unit
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JVC+-+50...9733229&skuId=

Wiring harness
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28
That looks to be it. As long as you don't have the Infinity system that is...
Old 11-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
rsp919 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chit. I picked up the subs today at BestBuy. They were on sale last week at buy one get one free. I knew the sale was over but thought I would ask anyway. He said no but ran them through the checkout and they were still in the computer for the deal. Moral of the story, never hurts to ask lol. Got both Kicker comp 10's for $96 out the door.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:32 AM

Those Kicker subs are always hard to beat for the money. The Comp and Comp VR are always at the top of my list for budget bangers. I think you'll be quite pleased with the output of those.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
drivehard27 will become famous soon enoughdrivehard27 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to drivehard27

ok sorry if this has been asked i just got a clarion vz400 dvd fold out dvd player it says i have to hook the grass green parking brake up so when parked i can watch the dvd player what i would like to know is there away around that so it can play well driveing do i just hook it to the ground wire and if not were can i find the parking brake wire and what color is it on a 07 dodge ram no infinity system .and before anyone says thats unsafe i dont want it for me i wanted it to work well driveing for my wife when we go on trips thanks for the help ahead of time