DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Rep:190
thatreddodge has a spectacular aura aboutthatreddodge has a spectacular aura about

http://www.kicker.com/comp_vt heres the link to the kicker website, I think it says that minumus is 1? I think.

MODS LIST- Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Eagle Alloy 079 20" Rims, 20% Iint, 6 Inch Windshield Eyebrow, 2 Inch Pro Comp Leveling kit, Pro Comp ES 9000 shocks
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

10" minimum is .80 cu.ft. the spec page defaults to 12" specs.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:27 PM

thatreddodge has a spectacular aura aboutthatreddodge has a spectacular aura about

Oh ok. Thanks a ton man! Hopefully those other guys will chime in and say if this will work alright.

MODS LIST- Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Eagle Alloy 079 20" Rims, 20% Iint, 6 Inch Windshield Eyebrow, 2 Inch Pro Comp Leveling kit, Pro Comp ES 9000 shocks
Old 12-28-2010, 02:17 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm not sure how to answer this one... Either one would work, but I will say the CVT will be a bit louder. Not only because of the higher power amplifier, but because the enclosure volume is closer to optimal than with the Comp series.

I personally would just look for a different setup, but if you are set on one of these, then the twin CVT10's would be the better buy.

Do they have a setup using the Solo Classic or L5's? Those have a minimum requirement of 0.66 cu.ft.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Check this one out, it has .70 airspace: http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...2754/SFV/30046
and its cheaper. Im just really looking to spend under $500 for decent bass.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Crew/Sport w/HEMI
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
smartel is on a distinguished road

My truck origionally came with the basic cd head unit. I later added the Nav (RER), the mic for the uConnect, and the factory rear view cam. I also have the Lockpick so my daughter can watch movies while the truck is in motion.
I now want to add an overhead flip down monitor.
I found one on ebay that was salvaged out of a wrecked 09 Ram, (part#1GQ80BD1AC)and bought it for $125.00---great deal---only it didn't come with the cabling necessary to hook it up to the RER....
From what I can tell on the installation manual I found online, once the unit is mounted, it's basically connected to the head unit by a harness--along with the aux inputs that are normally mounted to the back side of the center console.
So here are my questions:
1. Does anyone know a part number for the harness i need?
2. Will it work WITHOUT the harness from the rear aux since I don't have it?
3. Should I just say "screw it" (I wanted to keep the factory look) and buy an aftermarket monitor and just hook it up to the lockpick?
ANy info/advice will be appreciated!!!
09 Crew Cab Sport, HEMI, Line-X spray in liner, 4.10's with limited slip, Diablosport Predator, K&N Filter, Mufflex/Magnaflow 24" muffler--best 1/4 mile 14.200 @ 95.76 mph (with 4.10's and no tuner)---Modding is far from complete!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: tan
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
jdogg51 is on a distinguished road

so i hope i'm doing this right and not messing up anyones thread. my first time using this site.

i need some help with installing subs and a amp while keeping the stock infinity hu and speakers (for now).

first question, the amp i'm using accepts high level and low level rca inputs. which is better to use for sound quailty. ofcourse with the rca input i will have to add a line converter.

secound, where should i run lines from to get either one of the inputs, back of the hu from factory wire harness of right from the speakers and which speakers should i use front or back.

last thing is since i'm only installing subs and amp and keeping everything else do i have to change anything ie by pass factory or something like so i dont damage my system.

any ansewers at all would help out. thanks.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

You say your amp has high level RCA inputs? That means you don't need a line out converter, you can just basically cut the end off an RCA cable, and splice it right into your speaker wire. If it has high level speaker inputs, make sure you have the correct adapter to use those.

Best place to tap for signals is behind the kick panels up front.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

i actually have a line converter. i didn't know if i needed to use it or not since the amp can take both types of inputs. most people so far have said rca inputs is a better way to. so i guess using the line converter would be best. thanks for the help.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

think i miss understood. the amp has low level rca inputs according to the manual. so i would need the converter to reduse high level to low level in order to run rca inputs. please correct me if i'm wrong.
Closed Thread