DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatreddodge View Post
Hey guys, Im really interested in this package. Anything I need to know before I pull the trigger? It has .70 airspace and the reccomended for the sub is .80

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...2754/SFV/30046
That looks like a much better package! Good find!
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 AM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider29 View Post
i got a 2007 ram 1500 do they make an under the seat box that would fix square 12 subs i have 2 mtx 55s and would like to use them in the truck if possible thankss
Prefab boxes are available, but not as abundant as the dual 10" versions are. Problem is 12" subs typically require more airspace.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm318 View Post
Has anyone replaced the factory head unit in a 2010 ram yet?
Yes. A double din will require trimming inside the dash to fit.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer View Post
I have a 99 ram with the infinity stereo system.I have replaced the stereo with a clarion and the front speakers with a set of jbl's.I got the front speakers working with the factory speaker wires.But since i cut all the wires loose from the amps on the front speakers,i cannot figure out how to rewire the back speakers without having to run new speaker wires.
I'd have to research more into this.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrtJake View Post
Looks like I found a good thread to get some answers to my questions
In my 03,I want to add a in dash DVD player.I really want to use a double din,no dash kits are offered to fit one are there?
If no,I will go with a flip out,but it looks like it would hit part of the dash that protrudes into that area.I know it would need a dash kit that spaces the mounting out some from the dash,I have seen them in other cars.

That is all my speculation,I would just like to know for sure.
Any pics if an in dash DVD in my style dash?

Next I was wondering about the under the rear seat sub boxes I have seen.I came across a bunch on eBay,the one I like is a Kicker box.I am not set on anything,I am just looking to get the best sound.Where can I purchase the best sounding box,and what is the most efficient configuration?1 or 2 subs and sealed or ported?
I am not new to sub setups,just really unsure how it's gonna sound where it is placed.
Thanks guys!
A flip-out will work, dodgeman70592 has one in his 2004.

The underseat boxes are ok. Sealed would be my recommendation for that because of the limited volume under there. As far as best sounding, I can't really answer that one. Placement is key to getting different sound from your setup. I prefer the substage up front, other prefer to do some corner or floor loading to make it as loud as possible.

"Efficient" configuration is subjective to each person. I prefer "efficient" 4-ohm subwoofer setups (high sensitivity drivers = more db per watt), because it extends the life of the amplifier. Others will tell you the definition of efficient means 2 and 1-ohm loads, because the amplifier puts out more power.

Best way I can put it is, would you buy a car that maxes out at 88 miles an hour, and drive it at 85mph every where you go? Sure it will get you there, but when it blows up... what then? Wouldn't it last longer if you drove it at 55 miles an hour?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
dirtrider29 is on a distinguished road

Thanks chithead now i read somewhere that you can raise the back seat up a little for more space is this true? also is it something i can do myself
thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
jkaver is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a 2011 Mega Cab 3500 with the factory Alpine Nav and dvd system.

I'm currently putting in 2 kicker cvx12's and a 1500.1 kicker amp in today, and I have 2 quick questions.

1. Can I grab remote turn on from the factory headunit, it looks like the metra aftermarket harness denotes " Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire as: Dark Green/Red" behind the factory headunit. Is this the best place to grab it?

2. I yanked out the factory sub and trays in the rear, as I built in a new tray/storage location in my new box, I'm wondering if anyone knows the pin-out for the factory sub wiring connector. The Kicker amp can take high/low level inputs, and the connector is right next to the amp location.

I'm just to the point of putting vinyl on my box, would love it if anyone knew the 2 above questions, and I'll be done and pounding away in my new Dodge

Thanks,

Jason
Old 12-29-2010, 08:36 PM

Here ya go:

2010 Dodge Ram Alpine RER stereo system upgrade / wiring harness diagrams
Old 12-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
jkaver is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chit,

It didn't have a factory remote turn-on lead I could find, so I tapped into a cigarette lighter, all is good to go
Old 12-30-2010, 01:02 AM

That's what I did too. Great idea!
Closed Thread