DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

What amp is it?
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 01 ram 1500 ext cab
Color: white
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
aftershokk86 is on a distinguished road

http://www.soundstormlab.com/main/688
EV2500M

2500W Mono Block MOSFET Amplifier, High/Low Crossover, Remote Subwoofer Level Control
  • 2 Ohm Stable Mono-Block
  • Variable low pass crossover: 40-150Hz
  • Fixed high pass crossover (200Hz)
  • Variable 0 to +18dB Bass Boost
  • Variable input gain control
  • Power and protection LED indicators
  • Thermal, overload and speaker short protection
  • Line and speaker level inputs
  • Chrome plated RCA connectors and screw terminals
  • Remote subwoofer level control
  • Frequency response: 9Hz - 150Hz (+/- 3dB)
  • Max power 2 ohm 2500W X 1
  • RMS power 4 ohm1000W X 1
  • Signal-to-noise ratio 105dB
  • THD at RMS output 0.01%
  • Damping factor 125+
  • Dimensions (15-1/2" L x 10" W x 2-1/4" H)

how true it is to the specs idk, but it seems to be working well.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
dirtrider29 is on a distinguished road

Whats up guys and girls im making my own fiberglass box with 3/4 in mdf top in a month and was looking at diffrerent subwoofers that i can put in them. I was looking at the shallow mount Alpine type Rs has anyone had any experice with them or heard anything about them. if not whats another powerful subwoofer that sounds good and also a good amp that will go with the type Rs or other subwoofers.
Thanks Dan
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 AM

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram 1500
Color: black
Rep:87
kingator will become famous soon enough

OK guys soon when i get money I'm going to buy a MTX Thunderform on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
so I'm wondering what amp i should go with how Meany Watt's should i go with i would like to go as much as i can with out blow out of my new sub's so what do ya think? (i would like to buy a amp off craigslist thats why i ask) THANKS!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Edition
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:137
mrboots will become famous soon enoughmrboots will become famous soon enough

Hey all, most of this stuff is WAY over my head, but I've got a question and I'm not sure how to word it..

First off, I listen to almost exclusively rock music. As of now I've got a Thunderform in the back, and Kicker KS speakers in the 4 doors. I've got plenty of bass(as of now) for what/how I listen to music.

My question is...how to I get deeper/more powerful sounding guitars? I would guess I'd be looking in the midrange frequency, but again, just a guess. Also, right now the Kickers are powered off the headunit, an old sony. I know, I know..Will amplifying these give me what I want or do I need to look elsewhere? Thanks...
35% Tint, Flowmaster 40, Custom painted interior, Painted grill emblem, Custom CAI,6000k HID Fogs/6000k Grill lights, Custom bed LED's, Blue dash LED's, Engine bay/interior lighting, Custom audio, 4" Raptor Nerf Bars, Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Diablosport 93 oct. tune
Old 01-26-2011, 07:44 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider29 View Post
Whats up guys and girls im making my own fiberglass box with 3/4 in mdf top in a month and was looking at diffrerent subwoofers that i can put in them. I was looking at the shallow mount Alpine type Rs has anyone had any experice with them or heard anything about them. if not whats another powerful subwoofer that sounds good and also a good amp that will go with the type Rs or other subwoofers.
Thanks Dan
I have heard mixed reviews of the Alpine speakers, maybe go to a local sound shop and have a listen, see what sounds good to you. You might want to wait till you build the box and get your internal volume and mounting depth before purchasing subs as well. You wanna make sure they would work well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingator View Post
OK guys soon when i get money I'm going to buy a MTX Thunderform on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
so I'm wondering what amp i should go with how Meany Watt's should i go with i would like to go as much as i can with out blow out of my new sub's so what do ya think? (i would like to buy a amp off craigslist thats why i ask) THANKS!
Look for an amp that runs an efficient 200 watts x2 at 4ohms and you would be fine, or run a 400 watt monoblock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboots View Post
Hey all, most of this stuff is WAY over my head, but I've got a question and I'm not sure how to word it..

First off, I listen to almost exclusively rock music. As of now I've got a Thunderform in the back, and Kicker KS speakers in the 4 doors. I've got plenty of bass(as of now) for what/how I listen to music.

My question is...how to I get deeper/more powerful sounding guitars? I would guess I'd be looking in the midrange frequency, but again, just a guess. Also, right now the Kickers are powered off the headunit, an old sony. I know, I know..Will amplifying these give me what I want or do I need to look elsewhere? Thanks...
You probably need to look into amping the doors and adding some quality dash speakers to enhance the upper midrange frequencies. A set of components in the front doors would help as well, but still gonna need an amp..

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn Edition
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:137
mrboots will become famous soon enoughmrboots will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeman70592 View Post
You probably need to look into amping the doors and adding some quality dash speakers to enhance the upper midrange frequencies. A set of components in the front doors would help as well, but still gonna need an amp..
Thanks, I was hoping that'd be the solution. Would the dash speakers be ok to run off of the headunit or do those need to be amplified as well?
35% Tint, Flowmaster 40, Custom painted interior, Painted grill emblem, Custom CAI,6000k HID Fogs/6000k Grill lights, Custom bed LED's, Blue dash LED's, Engine bay/interior lighting, Custom audio, 4" Raptor Nerf Bars, Cooper Zeon LTZ's, Diablosport 93 oct. tune
Old 01-26-2011, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Ram 2500 4wd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
TLars is on a distinguished road

Ok - don't laugh, but I'm looking to keep my stock deck.

I have Rockford Fosgate full range 6x9's for front with the factory Infinity A pillar tweets and Rockford Fosgate fulll range 5 1/4s for the rear doors.

I was able to use the factory amp in the doors to push the 6x9s. My question is what kind of power does the factory amp have pushing the 6x9s?

Now that some of the lower budget decks are offering the USB port, I am temped to get an aftermarket deck pushing 50x4 power.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 4X4 HEMI
Trim Level: Sport-Offroad
Color: Atlantic Blue
2001RAMSPORT is on a distinguished road
Default CB Radio/PA System Help

Hey guys,
Can you help me with my questions, the link follows.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72596

Also, I was thinking about connecting a PA Horn to my CB Radio so I can talk out of it. I heard some people say that I need an amp for this. Is this true?

Thanks in advance guys
Old 01-27-2011, 09:49 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLars View Post
Ok - don't laugh, but I'm looking to keep my stock deck.

I have Rockford Fosgate full range 6x9's for front with the factory Infinity A pillar tweets and Rockford Fosgate fulll range 5 1/4s for the rear doors.

I was able to use the factory amp in the doors to push the 6x9s. My question is what kind of power does the factory amp have pushing the 6x9s?

Now that some of the lower budget decks are offering the USB port, I am temped to get an aftermarket deck pushing 50x4 power.
Usually between 8 and 15 watts RMS to each speaker.
Closed Thread