DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Time to upgrade!!!
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:10
BAmes79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Time to upgrade!!!
Dang So from what I've described you guys are pretty sure it's the head unit? I did hook up my extra pair or MTX 6x9s and it was the same result...
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Yup, I'm afraid so. Your head unit is powering your speakers and it seems that it isn't putting out enough power anymore.

Your MTX speakers will want around 40 to 45 watts RMS. They probably max at 80 watts. I'd get an amp to go with a new head unit.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Well, a new head unit it'll be, I think I'll go the amp route too. Now I'll have to search this 38 page archive to find the best way to go on all that, but thats not a bad thing! Thanks so much for all your help guys!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:637
sk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to all

So I've been looking around for a new head unit and think I've found one but I have a few questions. The unit says it works with Clarion Navigation so does this meen I have to buy something else to use the navigation ? Also, would I be able to hook up 4 other monitors to it fairly easily ? And can you play a DVD and still listen to music ? I would like to do the install myself and already purchased a factory nav bezel and a install kit that comes with a shroud, wire harness, and antenna adapter. One more question: How do you hook up the factory Sirius radio to this unit, does it just run through the regular antenna wire ? Any advise is greatly appreciated, Thanks.http://cgi.ebay.com/Clarion-VX401-6-...item2c5a5d9579
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Irish is on a distinguished road

I have an 03 dodge ram i just installed a new headunit and apparently in doing so after a couple days working i took it out to plug in an ipod , Then the power shut off, i tested all the fuses in the engine bay. and a few of them on the harness where getting power too but not all now my stereo wont turn on and my alarm and auxilarry power wont work like my cabin lights wont turn n when i open my door but they will after i start my truck any idea whats happening?
Old 01-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: inferno red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
plumcrazy68 is on a distinguished road

is the box sealed or ported? which is your sub made for? What is the insde cu. in., there is a lot more you need to know before you buy subs and throw them in a box. how much and how hard of bass do you want?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 97 Ram,96 Ram,98 rango,01 rang
Trim Level: ram slt -rango r/t
Color: black
Rep:64
loudrango will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8noregon View Post
So I've been looking around for a new head unit and think I've found one but I have a few questions. The unit says it works with Clarion Navigation so does this meen I have to buy something else to use the navigation ? Also, would I be able to hook up 4 other monitors to it fairly easily ? And can you play a DVD and still listen to music ? I would like to do the install myself and already purchased a factory nav bezel and a install kit that comes with a shroud, wire harness, and antenna adapter. One more question: How do you hook up the factory Sirius radio to this unit, does it just run through the regular antenna wire ? Any advise is greatly appreciated, Thanks.http://cgi.ebay.com/Clarion-VX401-6-...item2c5a5d9579
you should be able to run 4 more monitors off of it if you get a video signal splitter.i had to use one in one of my durangos.as far as the factory sirius,you'd probably need some sort of interface that matches up to your factory sirius to the new clarion.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Rookie, trying to keep it simple...

I posted a question a couple days ago and you guys helped a lot, so I'm back, thank you by the way. I had the bad factory head unit in my '02 that was powering my rear speakers just fine but when I faded to the front the speakers sounded really muffled. I got a new pioneer head unit, antenna adaptor, wiring harness adapter, a 200W 2 channel amp (I know not the best choice for now but the budget was limited so I borrowed this for now), a pair of MTX 6x9's, and can use either the factory rear speakers or I have a pair of pioneer 6 1/2's I can put back there.

My question is can I connect my 4 speakers to my 2 channel amp and still get fade front and back? If so, what's the recommended way?

If not, can I run my front speakers through my amp (just wiring them like normal) and my rear speakers through the new head unit by simply connecting the wires from the new harness adapter to the harness in my stereo? (this is what I would like to do for simplicity sake)

Or, what's the easiest way to get them all working and sounding good? That's all I'm really going for here. Thanks again!

Or, what is the easiest

Last edited by BAmes79; 01-31-2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: To make my question more clear.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Deepwater blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
Kearns16 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys i have a 2010 ram qc.. And was thinking about getting an aftermarket touch screen radio... If so do i need to buy an adapter to keep my steering controls to stay working.. And ne sugestions on what would b a good one to buy?!
Closed Thread