DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Megacab
Rep:10
cvitech2 is on a distinguished road

So I am guessing that a speaker replacement is a futile attempt at better sound, if I dont replace the amp or go after it with another device. I just hate to dive into the dash board amp and not have all I need, or know what to do. How many watts does the stock amp put out. I guess the front door speakers are subs only, and the dash are mid range and tweets. I am not really sure about the rear doors speakers. Could you use component speakers that are designed for those frequency's? Is there a schematic that shows more than just a wire color code, something with some numbers (rms and such)?
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CrewCab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:92
KRAZYK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but about the only upgrade over stock is going to be the subwoofer.
really? why do you say that?
SuperChips FlashPaq | 6000K HIDs Hi/Low | custom DIY intake | CherryBomb Glasspack | Daystar 2.5" Leveling Kit + Bilstein Shocks | 5% tint front and back | smoked tail lights and 3rd light | Pioneer AVH-P3200 2DIN + SIRIUS tuner | Reverse Camera | Kicker ZX700.5 | Kicker S10L5 sub in a FoxBox
Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Mikel is on a distinguished road
Default Amplifier placement and other questions

I will be adding an under-rear seat box with 2, 10" alpines and a Punch 800watt amp (P8002) to my factory system. I am planning on tapping into the rear speakers for the signal and inserting a high/low converter before the amp.

#1. Do my rear-speakers run full-range? or will I have to tap into the wires before an amp/crossover? If not full range where is the amp/crossover located.

#2. What would be an ideal place to mount the amplifier for my subs? I am thinking about under passenger seat.

#3. What are my options for a remote wire to the amp? I know I can stick it in the fusebox but is there a better wire to tap into?

#4. Would you recommend placing my capacitor under the driver seat or under the hood? I am thinking under the driver seat to be close to the amp.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
jdlatil is on a distinguished road
Default Need help selecting speakers.

Going to stay with factory head unit RBZ 430 Media Center. Goes with out saying the speaker system sucks! Truck came with no amp or sub just your base 6 speaker set up. I would like to add speakers now and later add amp and sub.
I would like to add speakers to enjoy now and not have to replace later when adding amp and sub. This is what I looking to buy, let me know if I'm out of line or the current head unit won't be able to push enough to enjoy:
JL Audio TR350-CXi for the dash
JL Audio C2-690tx for the front doors
JL Audio C2-600X for the rear doors
Will I have to do any mods to get these to fit?

Yea, I know it would be best to build the entire system at one time but, who wants to donate a JL Audio XD700/5 Amp and a JL AUDIO 12W3V3-4 SUBWOOFER 12" for the back seat.

Let's get past the speakers first.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Bandit1 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2006 Quad Cab with the Infinity 7 speaker system . I recently installed the Mopar-Kicker 77KICK18AB plug 'n play amp. It improved the sound noticeably but have a question.

Will better speakers offer improved sound worth the investment and if so any brand recommendations?

Thanks Guys...
Old 02-10-2011, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvitech2 View Post
So I am guessing that a speaker replacement is a futile attempt at better sound, if I dont replace the amp or go after it with another device. I just hate to dive into the dash board amp and not have all I need, or know what to do. How many watts does the stock amp put out. I guess the front door speakers are subs only, and the dash are mid range and tweets. I am not really sure about the rear doors speakers. Could you use component speakers that are designed for those frequency's? Is there a schematic that shows more than just a wire color code, something with some numbers (rms and such)?
Stock head unit puts out between 7-15 watts usually. If it's the upgraded Alpine, I'd guess between 14-23 watts.

I've tried exactly what you are thinking, and failed miserably. Even with bi-ampable Rainbow Germaniums, the stock setup just blows monkey nuts. Just my opinion of course.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYK View Post
really? why do you say that?
I don't consider those an upgrade over stock. If you were swapping out head units, yes. But using the stock head unit, it is not my opinion that you will get a night and day difference versus the stock speakers.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
I will be adding an under-rear seat box with 2, 10" alpines and a Punch 800watt amp (P8002) to my factory system. I am planning on tapping into the rear speakers for the signal and inserting a high/low converter before the amp.

#1. Do my rear-speakers run full-range? or will I have to tap into the wires before an amp/crossover? If not full range where is the amp/crossover located.

#2. What would be an ideal place to mount the amplifier for my subs? I am thinking about under passenger seat.

#3. What are my options for a remote wire to the amp? I know I can stick it in the fusebox but is there a better wire to tap into?

#4. Would you recommend placing my capacitor under the driver seat or under the hood? I am thinking under the driver seat to be close to the amp.

Thanks
#1. Bad idea. Tap into the front speakers behind the kick panels up front.

#2. Either under passenger seat or under driver's side front seat.

#3. The cigarette lighter is my preferred method.

#4. I don't recommend capacitors in an audio install. EVER.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlatil View Post
Going to stay with factory head unit RBZ 430 Media Center. Goes with out saying the speaker system sucks! Truck came with no amp or sub just your base 6 speaker set up. I would like to add speakers now and later add amp and sub.
I would like to add speakers to enjoy now and not have to replace later when adding amp and sub. This is what I looking to buy, let me know if I'm out of line or the current head unit won't be able to push enough to enjoy:
JL Audio TR350-CXi for the dash
JL Audio C2-690tx for the front doors
JL Audio C2-600X for the rear doors
Will I have to do any mods to get these to fit?

Yea, I know it would be best to build the entire system at one time but, who wants to donate a JL Audio XD700/5 Amp and a JL AUDIO 12W3V3-4 SUBWOOFER 12" for the back seat.

Let's get past the speakers first.
The head unit would push them... and you might like them. I do suggest spacers for the front speakers, will need baffles for the rears.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
I have a 2006 Quad Cab with the Infinity 7 speaker system . I recently installed the Mopar-Kicker 77KICK18AB plug 'n play amp. It improved the sound noticeably but have a question.

Will better speakers offer improved sound worth the investment and if so any brand recommendations?

Thanks Guys...
That would by up to you homez. My opinion, no.
Closed Thread