DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 06 1500 sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Milehighturbo is on a distinguished road

Soo i need some clerification i have a 06 QC sport, factory single cd, 4 speaker non amplified system, im trynig to install my Dbl Din Head unit, i have the nav bezel, basic wire harness, im trying to avoid buying the can bus adapter, im cheap! i know i can get my switched 12v from the cig lighter,but what will it effect in the truck, by not using the can bus adapter?? codes?? speedo?? ect??
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
jdlatil is on a distinguished road
Default Which Amp?

Narrowing down which amp I would like to purchase, what do you think?

First choice: JL Audio XD 700 5 channel
2 nd choice: Alpine PDX-5

Second question: Should I go with 6X9 in front and rear doors or use 6.5 in the front doors.

Third question: many people say to disconnect the 3.5 in the dash because they point toward the windshield not toward passengers. Originally was going to just run them off the head unit not the amp.

We work on subs at a later date.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

This may have been asked before however there are alot of posts in this thread. So if it has I appoligise. So I have the premium sound in my RAM, 10 speakers and sub with alpine amp, from the factory including steering wheel controls. I have the basic RES/RSC non-touch screen radio with sat and uconnect. I just purchased a head unit to replace the factory one however would like to retain the amp and speakers for now. I got a killer deal on a Sony XAV-70BT that I could not turn down. I don't need the Uconnect however would like to use the factory microphone. I am planning on getting the PAC CR2-CHY4 and the PAC SWI-CAB2 wiring interfaces. Will this allow me to use the factory microphone and is there anything else needed to wire this unit up to my factory amp and speakers ? Thks.......
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Addicted to the Z

RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^^^ Have audio question that needs an answer Please Please ^^^^^^
Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlatil View Post
Narrowing down which amp I would like to purchase, what do you think?

First choice: JL Audio XD 700 5 channel
2 nd choice: Alpine PDX-5

Second question: Should I go with 6X9 in front and rear doors or use 6.5 in the front doors.

Third question: many people say to disconnect the 3.5 in the dash because they point toward the windshield not toward passengers. Originally was going to just run them off the head unit not the amp.

We work on subs at a later date.
1. JL. I've used both brands and the JL's have a lower S/N rating.

2. If you can go with a 6.5 round speaker I would suggest that. A cone speaker sounds better, IMHO, than a elliptical speaker.

3. Keep the 3.5's unless you plan on going mid/tweet components in the doors. I have a Hertz HSK 165 2 way component set in my Ram and having that soundstage up and in front of you does make a difference in my listening pleasure.

Good luck!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
This may have been asked before however there are alot of posts in this thread. So if it has I appoligise. So I have the premium sound in my RAM, 10 speakers and sub with alpine amp, from the factory including steering wheel controls. I have the basic RES/RSC non-touch screen radio with sat and uconnect. I just purchased a head unit to replace the factory one however would like to retain the amp and speakers for now. I got a killer deal on a Sony XAV-70BT that I could not turn down. I don't need the Uconnect however would like to use the factory microphone. I am planning on getting the PAC CR2-CHY4 and the PAC SWI-CAB2 wiring interfaces. Will this allow me to use the factory microphone and is there anything else needed to wire this unit up to my factory amp and speakers ? Thks.......
You have the right adapters for everything to work except you might want to check the steering wheel control part number. If you aren't using the mic for uconnect, what will you be using it for and have you figured out how to wire for that?

For the factory steering wheel controls you need SWI-CAN2.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehighturbo View Post
Soo i need some clerification i have a 06 QC sport, factory single cd, 4 speaker non amplified system, im trynig to install my Dbl Din Head unit, i have the nav bezel, basic wire harness, im trying to avoid buying the can bus adapter, im cheap! i know i can get my switched 12v from the cig lighter,but what will it effect in the truck, by not using the can bus adapter?? codes?? speedo?? ect??
No amp is being installed? I still suggest you get the C2R-CHY4 interface. I recommend this because:

It plugs into the vehicle's CAN bus and provides a stereo RCA audio output for adding aftermarket amplification. Provides full range audio output 20-20,000Hz. Audio output level is controlled by the volume of the factory radio.

* Reads CAN bus signals and provides analog audio signal
* Plug in installation retains factory wiring integrity
* Linear 20-20,000Hz sound reproduction based on input signal
* 4 channel RCA output
* Output level controlled by factory radio

In other words, no hacking of the stock harness is needed and you have expandability for an aftermarket amp later.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Addicted to the Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
You have the right adapters for everything to work except you might want to check the steering wheel control part number. If you aren't using the mic for uconnect, what will you be using it for and have you figured out how to wire for that?

For the factory steering wheel controls you need SWI-CAN2.
The Sony head unit has bluetooth and includes the mic however I was wondering if I can use the Uconnect mic instead of wiring the sony one, just need help to find the wires ?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram
Color: Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Michramman is on a distinguished road
Default Help with speakers

Hi guys, first I would like to say im a long time lurker, first time poster here.

Recently bought a Pioneer AVIC x920BT radio and bought the 2 kits from pac audio to go along with it (being the c2r-chy and the steering wheel control pack)for my 2008 ram 1500. I recently got it hooked it and an loving the new reciever! PRoblem im having is, I have the dodge premium sound (infinity 7 speaker setup) and am getting static out of two speakers, being the 2 door speakers on the drivers side. 3.5 and other side work perfect. I have checked connections numerous times, and even called pac audio, they suggested that possibly there was no amp, just the infinity speakers. I hooked up the wiring color for color and got the same thing and its driving me crazy! any help might be nice.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
The Sony head unit has bluetooth and includes the mic however I was wondering if I can use the Uconnect mic instead of wiring the sony one, just need help to find the wires ?
Oh...I see. You probably can use it but I am not gonna be any help with where the wiring routes.
Closed Thread