DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #521  
Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Anthrax96 Anthrax96 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
Anthrax96 is on a distinguished road
Default Inifnity sound help!

I have a 2008 Dodge ram 1500 5.7L hemi laramie with the infinity sound system. I am trying to wire subs and an amp in it but i am getting music through the subs more than i am bass. I am using an rf modulator because i want to keep the stock radio due to steerling wheel mounted controls. I have the system wired through the back Right and Left door speakers. everything is wired properly and i am getting power to the amp and to the subs. What could the problem be!?
Sponsored links
  #522  
Old 04-17-2011, 06:25 PM
New2Ram's Avatar
New2Ram New2Ram is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Independence, Mo
Age: 37
Posts: 130
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: marine blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:22
New2Ram is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey guys...I have a simple question that I'm sure that someone else has asked, but there are so many posts on this thread...

I have a 2011 cc sport with the rhb radio and I am adding an amp and single rockford fosgate 10" sub. I have a line out converter and plan on splicing into the rear door speakers for my signal to amp. Does this sound ok? Some one told me that I need to get a JL clean sweep, but will the l.o.c. work? I have installed this same set-up in my chevy that i just traded for this dodge, but never in something this new, just don't want to screw something up on this expensive truck. Thanks

---edit---Ok, I just got done reading ALL 53 pages of this thread and now realize that i guess that i need to splice into the front speakers and not the rear. I am not going for spl, just a little low end, so the loc will work? I really don't want to spend 100's of $ on a clean sweep. I still would like someone just to tell me I am going about this the right way...I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks
__________________
Mopar Nerf Bars, 3.55 gears, 20% tint, 18" Magnaflow muffler, shorty antenna, 10" Memphis sub, Sound stream amp, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, tri-fold soft tonneau cover, smoke head light and tail light covers, blue l.e.d. brow lights, Built 12-6-10 @ noon

Last edited by New2Ram; 04-18-2011 at 12:42 AM.
  #523  
Old 04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
restes restes is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rock Hill SC
Age: 40
Posts: 30
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Crew Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
restes is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm about to replace the RER no nav unit in a 2010 dodge ram with a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, amp, new speakers and a 10" sub.

Do I need the PAC C2R-CHY4 since i will not be using the factory amp?

Or do i just use a standard harness and steal power from the cig lighter?

How do i power the rear door speakers without running wires all the way back?

Last edited by restes; 04-18-2011 at 03:26 PM.
  #524  
Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 PM
boost4fun boost4fun is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Billings MT
Posts: 1
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2006 Ram
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
boost4fun is on a distinguished road
Default

Im sure this has been asked and answered a hundred times but I can't find a answer anywhere. Every place i've checked is giving me different answers. I have a 2006 2500, with the basic radio. I want to replace my speakers in the front and rear. What size replacements do I need to get.
  #525  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM
dodgeman70592's Avatar
dodgeman70592 dodgeman70592 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Youngwood, PA (currently)
Age: 34
Posts: 5,642
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 11
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax96 View Post
I have a 2008 Dodge ram 1500 5.7L hemi laramie with the infinity sound system. I am trying to wire subs and an amp in it but i am getting music through the subs more than i am bass. I am using an rf modulator because i want to keep the stock radio due to steerling wheel mounted controls. I have the system wired through the back Right and Left door speakers. everything is wired properly and i am getting power to the amp and to the subs. What could the problem be!?
Why an RF modulator? You could easily just use a line out converter tapped off of the front factory wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Ram View Post
Hey guys...I have a simple question that I'm sure that someone else has asked, but there are so many posts on this thread...

I have a 2011 cc sport with the rhb radio and I am adding an amp and single rockford fosgate 10" sub. I have a line out converter and plan on splicing into the rear door speakers for my signal to amp. Does this sound ok? Some one told me that I need to get a JL clean sweep, but will the l.o.c. work? I have installed this same set-up in my chevy that i just traded for this dodge, but never in something this new, just don't want to screw something up on this expensive truck. Thanks

---edit---Ok, I just got done reading ALL 53 pages of this thread and now realize that i guess that i need to splice into the front speakers and not the rear. I am not going for spl, just a little low end, so the loc will work? I really don't want to spend 100's of $ on a clean sweep. I still would like someone just to tell me I am going about this the right way...I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks
Yes, tap into the front wires with an LOC and you will be fine, done it plenty of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by restes View Post
I'm about to replace the RER no nav unit in a 2010 dodge ram with a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, amp, new speakers and a 10" sub.

Do I need the PAC C2R-CHY4 since i will not be using the factory amp?

Or do i just use a standard harness and steal power from the cig lighter?

How do i power the rear door speakers without running wires all the way back?
A standard harness, tapping into a switched 12v, run RCA's to new amp(s), run new wires to each door, your done. If you wanted to use the factory wires going into the door, you can tap into them via the front side of the factory amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost4fun View Post
Im sure this has been asked and answered a hundred times but I can't find a answer anywhere. Every place i've checked is giving me different answers. I have a 2006 2500, with the basic radio. I want to replace my speakers in the front and rear. What size replacements do I need to get.
Factory, you have 6" x 9" up front and 5-1/4" in the rear.
__________________

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
  #526  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:49 PM
collegekid collegekid is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glen Rose, TX
Age: 22
Posts: 22
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ???
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
collegekid is on a distinguished road
Default

I got a ProBox that has two 12s in it. It is the under the seat box for my 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab. What else do I need? I know I need an amp, what are some good amps to consider? What do subwoofers do? Should I get some? Also does the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD fit the dodge ram?

p.s. I know nothing about audio in vehicles, subs, amps, etc.
  #527  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 PM
restes restes is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rock Hill SC
Age: 40
Posts: 30
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Crew Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
restes is on a distinguished road
Default

A standard harness, tapping into a switched 12v, run RCA's to new amp(s), run new wires to each door, your done. If you wanted to use the factory wires going into the door, you can tap into them via the front side of the factory amp.



Thanks for the help
  #528  
Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 AM
collegekid collegekid is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glen Rose, TX
Age: 22
Posts: 22
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ???
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
collegekid is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by restes View Post
A standard harness, tapping into a switched 12v, run RCA's to new amp(s), run new wires to each door, your done. If you wanted to use the factory wires going into the door, you can tap into them via the front side of the factory amp.



Thanks for the help


Is this the answer to my question?
And if so, what is a good head unit for the 2008 dodge ram? I was looking at the pioneer AVH-P4300DVD but I don't think it fits my truck.
  #529  
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
dodgeman70592's Avatar
dodgeman70592 dodgeman70592 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Youngwood, PA (currently)
Age: 34
Posts: 5,642
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Custom
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep Power: 11
Rep:1648
dodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant futuredodgeman70592 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I got a ProBox that has two 12s in it. It is the under the seat box for my 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab. What else do I need? I know I need an amp, what are some good amps to consider? What do subwoofers do? Should I get some? Also does the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD fit the dodge ram?

p.s. I know nothing about audio in vehicles, subs, amps, etc.
Did your truck come factory with the Infinity sound system, or is it the basic 4 speaker setup?

That headunit will work, but you will need a couple of things (assuming you dont have a factory double din)

Dash kit - http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-6510
Wiring harness adapter - http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/510
Antenna Adapter - http://www.metraonline.com/part/40-CR10
Nav Bezel (accoding to your stock interior color) - http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

As far as amps, subs, etc are concerned, it's very subjective. I would suggest heading down to your local audio shop and have a listen to see what you like.
__________________

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD.....lightly modded

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 #3560.....lightly modded
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon....lightly modded (yeah right, it's a Jeep!)
2010 Jeep GC SRT-8.....lightly modded
  #530  
Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 PM
New2Ram's Avatar
New2Ram New2Ram is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Independence, Mo
Age: 37
Posts: 130
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: marine blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:22
New2Ram is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for your answer on the loc and wiring locations. But...I have another question now. I have a rockford 10" he2 dvc 4 ohm wired parallel for 2 ohm. My amplifier is a soundstream angina rubicon. The manual I found online says that it is 100w rms @ 4ohm and 200w rms @2 ohm. I have everything wired correctly with no shorts, but the 15amp fuse that is mounted on the amp blows when played at high volumes. Gain is set at 2/3, and only blows when pushed decent. The amp gets hot now, the last sub I had it wired to was a 4ohm and I never had any problems.Low volumes it is fine. My main fuse on the 4ga power wire is fine. Any ideas?--thanks, Joe
__________________
Mopar Nerf Bars, 3.55 gears, 20% tint, 18" Magnaflow muffler, shorty antenna, 10" Memphis sub, Sound stream amp, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, tri-fold soft tonneau cover, smoke head light and tail light covers, blue l.e.d. brow lights, Built 12-6-10 @ noon
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum