DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ???
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
collegekid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeman70592 View Post
Did your truck come factory with the Infinity sound system, or is it the basic 4 speaker setup?

That headunit will work, but you will need a couple of things (assuming you dont have a factory double din)

Dash kit - http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-6510
Wiring harness adapter - http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/510
Antenna Adapter - http://www.metraonline.com/part/40-CR10
Nav Bezel (accoding to your stock interior color) - http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

As far as amps, subs, etc are concerned, it's very subjective. I would suggest heading down to your local audio shop and have a listen to see what you like.

This is what my dodge came with. Idk if it is double din or what...you tell me if I am gonna need what you said in the last post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg interior.jpg (90.2 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
erichoffman is on a distinguished road
Default speakers crackle and pop

I have a 08 1500 with the four speaker setup in it i recently installed a pioneer avh-p3300bt head unit had to buy nav bezzel to replace the one that was in truck to make it fit and i put infinity 6x9 three ways in front door and 5 1/4 two ways in back door i get crackling in my passenger front door and in driver rear door and sometimes it shuts the audio off completely but the head unit shows it is still putting out sound not sure what to do any answers ?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Might try running new speaker wires and see if that helps.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Okay, so I keep having ideas bouncing around in my head.

What do you guys think about building a ported box that downfires my sub into the underseat compartment? And if y'all don't think that will sound good which way should I face the sub when I build the box. The sub is going to be behind my drivers seat(I am pulling that back seat out) Should I face it forward or against the back wall?

And if y'all didn't know I have a 10" W7 and will have a 500/1v2 pushing it. I just want to get the best sound quality with what I have! Thanks again guys!
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:48 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
This is what my dodge came with. Idk if it is double din or what...you tell me if I am gonna need what you said in the last post.
Yes, you will. That head unit was the same I had and when I went to a double din head unit (MOPAR REC/NAV) I had to get the NAV bezel.

Good luck with your upgrade!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Rugged Brown Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
lhoyle is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 Also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by restes
I'm about to replace the RER no nav unit in a 2010 dodge ram with a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, amp, new speakers and a 10" sub.

Do I need the PAC C2R-CHY4 since i will not be using the factory amp?

Or do i just use a standard harness and steal power from the cig lighter?

How do i power the rear door speakers without running wires all the way back?

A standard harness, tapping into a switched 12v, run RCA's to new amp(s), run new wires to each door, your done. If you wanted to use the factory wires going into the door, you can tap into them via the front side of the factory amp.

Does this apply to 2011 as well? What would the part number be for a "standard" harness from PAC or Crutchfield? Their websites recommend the $130 C2R-CHY4....
Old 04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: big horn
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
wesr52 is on a distinguished road
Cool Help selecting subs for 2010 dodge ram

I HAVE THE 2010 DODGE RAM 1500 CREW CAB I ORDERED A REAR UNDER THE SEAT SUB BOX WHICH CAN HOLD TW0 10S AND HAS A MOUNTING DEPTH OF 6.75 I WANT TO GET TWO SUBS THAT ARE NOT SHALLOW MOUNTS THAT WILL FIT INTO THE BOX WITH OUT ANY ALTERATIONS TO MY TRUCK DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY BRAND OF SUBS THAT WILL FIT THAT ARE NOT SHALLOW MOUNTS I WANTED TO GO WITH ALPINE TYPE R THE SWR 10 BUT THE MOUNTING DEPTH IS TOO DEEP FOR THE BOX. PLEASE OFFER ANY ADVICE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT GUYS THIS IS A PIC OF THE BOX AND THE SITE I BOUGHT IT FROM
Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

You'll just have to check mounting depths on subs. 6.75" does limit your choices some but you should be able to find some good ones that will fit that box.

I'd check out the the JL & Kicker subs.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ???
Color: black
collegekid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Yes, you will. That head unit was the same I had and when I went to a double din head unit (MOPAR REC/NAV) I had to get the NAV bezel.

Good luck with your upgrade!

So all I need is to buy those accessories and the head unit and head down to any car audio shop and they should install it??
Old 04-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Question

So I have a question about the alpine premium system I have in my 2010 quad cab. I have some Energy 6X9 speakers (four of them) and I was wondering if it's worth swapping the factory ones out. Would there be any impedence problems when working with the factory Alpine AMP and also will I have any issues with the fit. I read on here somewhere that the rear doors are fine but the front doors are a problem. If so can they be made to fit or should I forget it. Also Is the sound improvement worth it ?
Thanks.......