DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
So all I need is to buy those accessories and the head unit and head down to any car audio shop and they should install it??
Don't know if your local shop will install anything that you haven't purchased from them. Obviously you'd want to get the bezel but some shops won't install (or warranty) components that weren't purchased from that shop.

Some do so you'd have to ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
So I have a question about the alpine premium system I have in my 2010 quad cab. I have some Energy 6X9 speakers (four of them) and I was wondering if it's worth swapping the factory ones out. Would there be any impedence problems when working with the factory Alpine AMP and also will I have any issues with the fit. I read on here somewhere that the rear doors are fine but the front doors are a problem. If so can they be made to fit or should I forget it. Also Is the sound improvement worth it ?
Thanks.......
The front doors can be a problem, Randy. You don't have a lot of depth to play with. Apparently a brace for the window bracket is behind the speaker. If I remember right, 2.75" was the max depth.

Now about replacing the speakers...I have no idea what the ohm rating is for that amp. Upgrading speakers to a stock system can improve the sound but it's a bit of a crapshoot. OEM amps tend to be underpowered and may not have sufficient power to push an aftermarket set of speaker.

Having learned all that the hard way a while back, I decided I wasn't going to make that mistake again. I picked the speakers I wanted, got an amp that has more than enough power to push the speakers and only use the stock amp to provide the digital signal to the PacAudio harness adapter and on to the new JL amp.

It's not the cheapest way to go but it always works.

On to speaker sizes....dash = 3.5", front doors = you can do 5.25", 6.25" or 6.5" round spkrs with that shallow depth; rear doors = same as the fronts but I am not sure if you need a shallow mount there or not.

Good luck!
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Ram 1500 club cab
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
bluefever is on a distinguished road

are there any aftermarket kits for a 98 ram 2500 to put a double din in it or has it been done???
Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 AM

All I have seen is a bracket kit but not a replacement bezel. All the double din upgrades I have seen for that generation truck included some work by the owner or the install shop to modify the stock bezel to enlarge the opening.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ???
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
collegekid is on a distinguished road

What would be a good system for my 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab??
I have this guy wanting to sell me a ProBox with two 12s in it, and another with a ProBox with two Memphis 12s in it, I don't know what the brand is on the 12s in the first ProBox. I want a good system that hits but not so loud or hard that you can't hear the music. I want to just have a moderate system that gives the music a good bass hit and a great quality sound. Any suggestions?? I also don't know what amp I would need or what are some good brands for the subs. I really don't know that much about systems. If you know any good head units to go with everything that would be good.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 PM

The Memphis subs are good ones. Once you know what model number you have, you can match up an amp to their specs.

For a real upgrade, consider a new amp and some speakers to go with the subs.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
The Memphis subs are good ones. Once you know what model number you have, you can match up an amp to their specs.

For a real upgrade, consider a new amp and some speakers to go with the subs.
Do the speakers fit the ProBox or do you just put the speakers in the doors? Is there a place for them in the ProBox?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeman70592 View Post
Did your truck come factory with the Infinity sound system, or is it the basic 4 speaker setup?

That headunit will work, but you will need a couple of things (assuming you dont have a factory double din)

Dash kit - http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-6510
Wiring harness adapter - http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/510
Antenna Adapter - http://www.metraonline.com/part/40-CR10
Nav Bezel (accoding to your stock interior color) - http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

As far as amps, subs, etc are concerned, it's very subjective. I would suggest heading down to your local audio shop and have a listen to see what you like.

Wouldn't this be cheaper and easier to convert my factory stereo to the Pioneer Head Unit I am looking at?? I know I have to buy the Nav Bezel but this says it is all I need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 05-03-2011, 10:33 PM

You need a harness adapter as well to put that head unit in.

About your previous question...are you talking about the sub speakers fitting in the box or a new set of speakers for the cab?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
temples2008ram is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb sub box

How would i make a sub box for the back seats? i wont it to go underneath them. there is a spot for them but idk what size and how to make the box??? little help
Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM

The first step ^^^^ is to measure the area you wish to put the box in. You'll want to determine length, depth, height of the area. Also, it's really good to know how many cubic feet you have once you have measured out the area and have decided on the rough dimensions of the box.

Then it's time to lay out the design on paper and verify dimensions, paying particular attention to any obstructions or areas where the box might be pinched by a cab structure or feature.

Remember that cubic feet measure? That's going to be important when you pick a sub or subs. You need enough air space in the box for the subs to work properly.

Now, time to get materials and build the box. There are a huge number of sites online that have subwoofer box building instructionts, tips, tricks and material recommendations. I'd go read up on those a bit before you go any further.

Good luck with the project!
Closed Thread