DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Dark Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
BigRigChris is on a distinguished road

I was heading to the lake saturday, and my friend who used to install systems was adjusting the stereo for me cuz I mentioned it didnt sound that great. He played with and adjusted the balance? all the way to the right and I believe I only had the rear speaker working. He told me nothing was coming from the door or dash on the right. I will play with it more once I get home to reverify what is working and what is not as far as the speakers, As far as I know this truck is bone stock.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:112
jdubsss will become famous soon enoughjdubsss will become famous soon enough

Did a few different searches and couldn't come up with an exact answer...is a direct swap of the factory sub (alpine 730N system) feasible? I'd like to get a little more oomph out of the woofer without going crazy.
Mods: 14" Magnaflow Muffler, AirRaid CAI, Recon Smoked LED Tails, Recon Smoked LED 3rd Brake, Recon White Lightning, 6k HID Fogs, White LED Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, EZ Down Tailgate, 20% Tints, Pillar Tape Removed, Stubby Antenna

PICS: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87696
Old 07-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Alienkayaker is on a distinguished road
Default stock amp?

Where Is the stock amp located for an 05 Infinity system?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 sport
Trim Level: Sport crew cab
Color: Flame red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
11bigred is on a distinguished road

I am going to install a pac 2 channel loc tomorrow and was wanting to know where are people connecting the loc at(what speakers,behind radio or at the amp)????? I have the alpine system
Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
CURTWAYNE is on a distinguished road

My brother got a 2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab last year, and it has the am/fm/cd/hdd/sat radio. I was helping to add a few pictures, and some music to the hdd, using a usb memory stick.
After getting everything loaded up, there is no sound. The screen shows everything, and it shows to be playing music from hdd, or fm radio channels. But, there is no sound. Even run it all the way up to max output. So, what am I missing here?
I've read through the radio manual, and turned the radio off and back on, but cannot get any sound. Any help?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 dodge ram 1500
Color: yellow
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
lmizell is on a distinguished road
Default Nothing special, just a working radio!

My 07 1500 quad radio has quit. No reception. Local audio shop wont look at it, or promise a new system will fix it. I took it out and checked antenna. Hit and miss reception when messing with it,. Gonna do the walmart thang, but FIRST, is there a particular wiring harness that i will have to buy to adapt a pioneer system? I know about the dash kit, but can find nothing about the wiring. I dont want to purchase it until i have everything.
Thanks
Les
Old 07-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
TwistedNuB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURTWAYNE View Post
My brother got a 2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab last year, and it has the am/fm/cd/hdd/sat radio. I was helping to add a few pictures, and some music to the hdd, using a usb memory stick.
After getting everything loaded up, there is no sound. The screen shows everything, and it shows to be playing music from hdd, or fm radio channels. But, there is no sound. Even run it all the way up to max output. So, what am I missing here?
I've read through the radio manual, and turned the radio off and back on, but cannot get any sound. Any help?

I have been having the same issue with mp3 files from the usb port on my '11.

I have tried using the ipod usb plug but no good.. I also tried to play using my iphone without success.

I was able to upload from a CD, but i have around 5000 mp3s.. and 160 to 200 at a time will suck.

The dealership I have been using said that this is the first time they have had this issue. I have an appointment for them to look at it. I hope that they do not have to replace the head-unit... I put my lifetime Sirius on it and was informed by Sirius that i will not be able to remove it from the oem head-unit.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Blue
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
CURTWAYNE is on a distinguished road

Well, let me update my situation. Got in the truck this morning, and the radio worked just fine. As long as it was on am/fm. But, could not get anything out of hdd. I couldn't even find any songs that were supposedly imported onto the hdd. I tried it again. Again, nothing. Then, in my frustration, I tried deleting all music files. After that, I hit browse, and just drove along for 20 minutes with a blank screen.
Then, ta-da! Up popped all of the music files that I had imported from the usb stick. So, happily, I brought up a favorite group, and hit my favorite song, and nothing. It went down the list a couple songs and started playing them.
I just checked the files on the usb stick, and the songs in question are MP3 files. WTH??
So, if you find out something, TwistedNuB, let me know. I could swear the manual said it would play MP3 files.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 09 Challenger SRT-8 11 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
SJP2X11RT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I just checked the files on the usb stick, and the songs in question are MP3 files. WTH??
So, if you find out something, TwistedNuB, let me know. I could swear the manual said it would play MP3 files.
I have the 730 in my Challenger and using the update files from the below site should fix any issues with the MyGig operating system.

In my Ram I have the 430N and was prepared to dislike it over the 730 but after using it for 15 minutes its hands down 100% better than the 730. The Garmin Nav is the easiest to use and the car gps stats are nice.

And most important it plays mp3 files direct from the USB unlike the 730N.

That said these Head Units are designed by some early 90's software guru as the whole yelling in your car to setup Bluetooth is just stupid. Give me buttons to setup it once and forget it about it.

http://mofv.com/mygig/ READ THE INSTRUCTIONS OR HAVE A PAPERWEIGHT IN YOUR DASH
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport 4x4 Quad Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
TwistedNuB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, let me update my situation. Got in the truck this morning, and the radio worked just fine. As long as it was on am/fm. But, could not get anything out of hdd. I couldn't even find any songs that were supposedly imported onto the hdd. I tried it again. Again, nothing. Then, in my frustration, I tried deleting all music files. After that, I hit browse, and just drove along for 20 minutes with a blank screen.
Then, ta-da! Up popped all of the music files that I had imported from the usb stick. So, happily, I brought up a favorite group, and hit my favorite song, and nothing. It went down the list a couple songs and started playing them.
I have had some luck with mp3's with a bit rate between 128kbps and 160kbps..

I made a dvd with over 600 mp3's with bit rates ranging between 96kbps and 320kbps (only 291 were read by the unit, oh I have the 430n RHB unit) and im thinking that the player was not designed to read anything over 160.
Closed Thread