DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red/ Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
BJPUSMC is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
Like many before, 69 pages is a lot to read through and I have yet to run across anything that seems to answer my questions so I will throw then out there. I have a 2010 Crew Cab Laramie with the alpine sound system. When I bought the truck, I also upgraded the factory speakers with the MOPAR/Kicker upgrades to the front/dash and rears as well as added the Kicker 10" sub and amp. I am still running the factory Alpine amp for all the other speakers.
There was definatley an improvement but not as dramtic of one as I expected. There are times that the sub hits pretty hard but its completley dependant on the song and volume level.
1. SO knowing there is some potential there, do you think running an aftermarekt amp to this sub with a remote will produce more desirable results? Should I assume that I can't tap off any of the existing lines to the kicker sub amp and will need the line converter to run the aftermarket or is there another/better way?
2. Any experience with the kicker amp for these that replace the factory amp. I am looking to fill out the sound in the rest of the truck. I read how the factory amp filters the signal to the various speakers but not sure of the kicker does the same. Or would I be better off adding another amp to run the doors and/or others at full range?

I know the best response is to replace it all but I, like many, want to keep my factory head and don't want to completely throw away the money already invested in already.

Thanks for the help.

USMC Pilot
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2011, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

Okay well I have a question. I've been considering tackling this tailgating/bonfire/party mod.

I have been planning out building a box that goes underneath my toolbox in my bed that will hold 2-6 marine speakers. So my questions are....

Would I need to mount a marine amplifier inside the cab or would it be fine in bed of my truck, tucked away?
Is there a way to add a "toggle" switch to the amplifier or speakers? So I can only turn them on when I want to use them. Or would I have to power on the amp whenever I want to use it.
Last but not least, will MDF last in the bed of my truck? Could I treat it or anything like that? Thanks for the help guys.
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram
Trim Level: ?
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Thunder baseball is on a distinguished road

I have a 05' 1500 with a kenwood stereo, 4 alpine 6 1/2" door speakers, a fosgate amp and 2 12" power bass subs. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to even add another amp and sub, I'm going to take out my middle console and put an amp and sub in there. But is that even possible with an amp and 6 combined speakers already hooked up?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramia Longhorn
Color: black/gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
firetruck is on a distinguished road
Cool radio

I have a 2011 ram longhorn edition. this should have the top line radio, but it's far from it. it has this big ass sub woofer under the back seat. crank the bass up half or all the and you feel or hear a lot of bass. crap.

I'm driving a rental truck, base model. crank up the base and it will rattle the doors. what the **** is going on.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

firetruck...factory "premium" systems suck....'nuff said.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJPUSMC View Post
Hi All,
Like many before, 69 pages is a lot to read through and I have yet to run across anything that seems to answer my questions so I will throw then out there. I have a 2010 Crew Cab Laramie with the alpine sound system. When I bought the truck, I also upgraded the factory speakers with the MOPAR/Kicker upgrades to the front/dash and rears as well as added the Kicker 10" sub and amp. I am still running the factory Alpine amp for all the other speakers.
There was definatley an improvement but not as dramtic of one as I expected. There are times that the sub hits pretty hard but its completley dependant on the song and volume level.
1. SO knowing there is some potential there, do you think running an aftermarekt amp to this sub with a remote will produce more desirable results? Should I assume that I can't tap off any of the existing lines to the kicker sub amp and will need the line converter to run the aftermarket or is there another/better way?
2. Any experience with the kicker amp for these that replace the factory amp. I am looking to fill out the sound in the rest of the truck. I read how the factory amp filters the signal to the various speakers but not sure of the kicker does the same. Or would I be better off adding another amp to run the doors and/or others at full range?

I know the best response is to replace it all but I, like many, want to keep my factory head and don't want to completely throw away the money already invested in already.

Thanks for the help.
1. Yes, an aftermarket amp will help tremendously.

2. Yes, I have experience with the Kicker amp. Don't buy it. You'll be wanting to replace it within a few weeks after you hook it up.

3. If you want to separate the front from the rear stage, I'd get a good set of component speakers, run them off of an aftermarket amp, run the rear stock speakers off the head unit for fill and do the sub as noted above.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder baseball View Post
I have a 05' 1500 with a kenwood stereo, 4 alpine 6 1/2" door speakers, a fosgate amp and 2 12" power bass subs. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to even add another amp and sub, I'm going to take out my middle console and put an amp and sub in there. But is that even possible with an amp and 6 combined speakers already hooked up?
Yes but I'd make sure you do the Big Three upgrade first.

You'll just have some RCA's to run plus a power and signal set of wires.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Color: Deep water blue pearl coat/Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:13
gysnst2 is on a distinguished road

Video help. I installed 2 back seat headrest LCD/DVD and I have the PAC cable interface the lcd's to the head unit. The question I have is actualy about he factory back seat tv. What does it consist of(hardware)? I can buy the SCV1 but for some reasoning i am thinking I do not need this. Is their something I can have the dealer turn on in the head unit. Or doi need some additional hardware?
AVS bug guard, Mopar rubber mud flaps, Mopar vent visers, Snugtop cap, Remote tailgate lock, 392 LS, VHT tail lights, 9" LCD headrests, Debaged sides, tinted 20% front 35% rear, cabin air filter mod, topguncostumz 2,25 rear lift coils, bilstein 5100 set at 2.8, and bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red/ Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
BJPUSMC is on a distinguished road

Thanks Maddog. Adding those to the list of Mods upon my return home.

USMC Pilot
Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Sport 4X4
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
bmax1985 is on a distinguished road
Default Replace Sirius with XM

Just purchased a 2007 Sport edition. The truck has a Sirius receiver built in so I was thrilled that Sirius and XM are the same company now. Not any more. I can't add the sirius receiver in my truck to my XM account (I've got all other XM hardware).

Questions:
1. Is there a solution for removing Sirius and adding an XM tuner connected to the factory head (so it is controlled just like stock Sirius).
2. There's no Aux port on the front of the stereo but I do have a XM Onyx tuner from my previous truck. Is there a way to add an Aux port to this 2007? I don't care about having it on the front or hidden in the dash.

Admittedly, I haven't researched #2 but I've looked around for #1 to no avail. Thanks!