DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

I have been reading about LOC's and came across the JL Cleansweep. What is better about this than a $15 LOC? I am going to just run one single amp for now but later on I want to do components and another amp to power them. I read about the PAC but you lose the ability to adjust bass, mods, and treble from the factory unit. I want to make my set up sound as good as possible with what I can get to work with.
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Crystal Pearl Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:11
dork is on a distinguished road

Is there any touchscreen head unit that will fit the stock 1.5 din without converting into a double din? 2006 Ram Laramie

55w 5k HID, 35w 5k fogs, LED everything, Black 3.5mm grille with rebadge, Debadged/demolded, Painted Head Tail Lights, Painted LED TBL, Plastidiped wheels, 13" 5% tint strip, 35% tint windshield and front windows, 5% rear tint, Truxedo, Passport 8500, Custom K&N CAI, DSP 91 tune, 18" Magna
Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

No, they haven't built one that's worth anything as far as features. The 1.5 DIN is jut too small to be seen and have controls as well.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 PM

The Cleansweep is more than just a LOC.

The CleanSweep uses a 32-bit digital signal processor to remove the factory adjustments, then sends your external amplifiers a perfectly clean signal. The CleanSweep connects to your factory radio's speaker wires, then takes the output of your factory radio and eliminates the peaks and valleys of the preset equalization, leaving a pure, unadulterated signal for your aftermarket amplifiers, speakers, and subs to work with. Your music will spring to life, with resonant lows, sparkling highs, and a realistic sense of depth and presence. Since the CleanSweep attaches to the speaker wire outputs of your factory radio, it doesn't interfere with any factory radio functions like OnStar® or hands-free calling. Use the two sets of preamp outputs to connect your new amplifiers, and build your system from there. Best of all, you can take the CleanSweep with you when you purchase or lease a new vehicle. The CleanSweep is simple to use. Once you've connected it, pop the included CD into your stereo, and the CleanSweep corrects the equalization in as little as 20 seconds. You don't have to adjust anything - the CleanSweep utilizes its built-in 120-band digital equalizer automatically, without the need for external control devices. The equalizer settings are saved in the CleanSweep's memory, even if you disconnect the car battery. Adds an auxiliary input: The CleanSweep not only improves your sound, it adds extra functionality to your system. The built-in auxiliary input lets you connect an extra source, like an iPod or a plug-and-play satellite radio to your system, and enjoy the superior sound quality of a direct audio connection. A remote-mount volume knob lets you adjust system volume and select your auxiliary source. If you choose, you can still use the factory radio's volume, treble, and bass controls as well.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

Did you type that or copy and paste it? Lol.

I have a shop that will install a Cleansweep for just a little bit of money and run the amp cables at the same time. What is your opinion on doing a Cleansweep compared to a cheaper route? I plan on just adding subs and sub amp for now and then later on add new speakers for mods and highs powered by an additional amp. I'm looking to buy and install stuff once without having to go back and change things.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:19
2k84by is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
I get it now. I'm just sorta slow lol. Damn those Slash 1000/1v2 are pricey. That just added another $500 on top of my already expensive system plans. I wish someone already had this set up I could hear so could now if it would be worth it gah. Thanks for all your help and answering all my questions. So the new plans are a 10 inch vented fox box with 2 10w6 and a jL Slash 1000/1v2 wired at 4 ohm.
Why not look at a Hifonics Zxi60.4+1k?
5 Channel amp
120 watts x 4 @ 2ohms speaker
1000 watts x 1 @ 1ohm woofer

$246 shipped....Brand New....not from me....check ebay
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Laraime Big Horn QC
Color: Dark Gray
Rep:10
bigstumpyd is on a distinguished road
Default 08 Ram 1500 Infinity sound No nav with U connect.

I had my factory front drivers side speaker go out. I want to get a new one or if there is something that I can install instead of factory without having to do anything crazy with the wiring. I like the way the system sounds its not amazing or anything but good for a work truck. Sorry if this is already answered but I went through the first 10 pages with no answer.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM

You can get a stock replacement from the dealer or replace your stock speakers with a MOPAR Kicker accessory set. They are plug and play. You don't even have to solder anything.

Mopar Part No. 77KICK11 includes 2 6x9 mid bass speakers for the front doors and two 3.5" 2-ways for the dash.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Can you just get the doors? Is it very difficult to do the dash speakers? Thanks for the response
Old 12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I called the dealer to order and they said they were not sure if it would work since i have the infinity system. I tried to go on ebay with that part number and I found it. They said that it would not work for my truck either with the infinity. I just want to make sure that it will work before I spend 150.00 on it. Is this something you have done before? Im not trying to second guess you but I just want to make sure. Thanks For all of your help
Closed Thread