DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2022 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
vicram is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, new to the forums... I've got a 2011 Ram Crew Cab with the stock Alpine 9 speaker with subwoofer/amp under the rear seat. Head unit is the basic CD/Sat Radio with aux input. I got my hands on a nice JVC KW-NX7000 navigation unit from a friend. Is it possible to make this work with the existing speakers and amp/sub as well as the steering wheel controls and will the sound quality still be as good as the stock head unit. I'm not wanting to upgrade any of the speakers or sub/amp. Thanks your help is appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicram View Post
Hi everyone, new to the forums... I've got a 2011 Ram Crew Cab with the stock Alpine 9 speaker with subwoofer/amp under the rear seat. Head unit is the basic CD/Sat Radio with aux input. I got my hands on a nice JVC KW-NX7000 navigation unit from a friend. Is it possible to make this work with the existing speakers and amp/sub as well as the steering wheel controls and will the sound quality still be as good as the stock head unit. I'm not wanting to upgrade any of the speakers or sub/amp. Thanks your help is appreciated.
Yes it is possible to do. I upgraded my regular CD/radio to a double din unit but it is a bit labor intensive. You'll need the harness from PAC to get the radio to work and another harness from axxess to get your steering wheel controls to work. Also you'll need the adapter pieces that allows the JVC (or any aftermarket double din) to bolt into the factory location. Lastly depending on how deep and bulky the unit is, there's a metal support bracket behind the dash that needs to be cut in order to make it fit, as well as trimming of the opening and possibly adapter pieces itself lol I know it sounds like a lot but it's not all that bad, and the wiring is very straight forward, just match the colors.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
kozzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Yes it is possible to do. I upgraded my regular CD/radio to a double din unit but it is a bit labor intensive. You'll need the harness from PAC to get the radio to work and another harness from axxess to get your steering wheel controls to work. Also you'll need the adapter pieces that allows the JVC (or any aftermarket double din) to bolt into the factory location. Lastly depending on how deep and bulky the unit is, there's a metal support bracket behind the dash that needs to be cut in order to make it fit, as well as trimming of the opening and possibly adapter pieces itself lol I know it sounds like a lot but it's not all that bad, and the wiring is very straight forward, just match the colors.

actually, PAC Audio should have all the harnesses you need. I got one harness from them, that hooked in my Pioneer Nav system and the steering wheel controls. Check it out, IMO, the PAC stuff is a lot nicer then the axxess.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: express
Color: black
harveybeanpole is on a distinguished road
Default audio

do i need a dodge specific converter or are they universal??
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona
TonyKrich is on a distinguished road

I am trying to install my headunit and everything powers up but I am getting no sound from the speakers. I know all of the wires are matched up color by color with the wiring harness and the headunit harness but I can't figure out what the problem could be. Any ideas??
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: express
Color: black
harveybeanpole is on a distinguished road
Default wire routing

any tips on routing my power wires? have 2 amps... 8 and 4 gauge wires
Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKrich View Post
I am trying to install my headunit and everything powers up but I am getting no sound from the speakers. I know all of the wires are matched up color by color with the wiring harness and the headunit harness but I can't figure out what the problem could be. Any ideas??
If he 3rd gen is like the 4th gen there's a Blue Wire that needs to be connected for audio out on the PAC harness. I forgot to go from blue to blue not thinking it was needed but it was lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveybeanpole View Post
any tips on routing my power wires? have 2 amps... 8 and 4 gauge wires
If you have a center console, I'd go from the rear side, under a seat then up through the center console, plenty of room in it for power wires.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona
TonyKrich is on a distinguished road

Im lost. Where does the blue wire connect to?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST Crew4x4
Color: Silver
johnjohn301 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Well, I pulled the trigger on a
PIONEER TS-D6902R 2 way setup... Wish me luck.
Did you get those 6902s to work in your front doors?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2002 quad cab 4.7L
Trim Level: Quad cab
Color: yellow
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:13
buzzvoodoo is on a distinguished road

2002 SLT quad cab 4.7 with the infinity sound system. The front speakers in the doors sound like junk so I turn the base down. I think the door speakers are blown. Not a big issue as it still sounds decent. I have the stock cd player with the built in caset deck. MY PROBLEM is. randomly driving down the road at random times the cd player will just stop working. NO audio output. But the cd player LOOKS like it is still working. The cd player still continues to show the seconds and minutes into the song. I can hit the next song and it shows the next track number. BUT STILL NO AUDIO. Randomly the cd player will start playing again... It has a mind of its own. I ordered another cd player on ebay. one very similar but without the casat deck. The installation went fine and the cd player began to work. After 2 minutes the same exact problem happened. the cd player just stopped working on its own. I was not driving the car or moving when it stopped working so this leads me to believe that it is not a lose wire. I am baffled as to why this happens. The cd player even stops playing audio on Radio mode. Sometimes the audio will play for 40 minutes and then just randomly stop. other times it will only play for 10 seconds and then stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread