DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
base head unit can handle the door speakers just fine, as for fitment if they're the same size as factory you won't have an issue. The only thing you won't know until you install them is how deep the speaker is, and sometimes (though rarely) a spacer need to be put installed with the speaker.
Thanks, I am curious to see if the Infiniti and Alpine Speakers I have will sound better then the OEM speakers I current have.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
You'd be amazed how much the stock Alpine system sounds with an upgraded stereo. The Pioneer I have has a nice adjustable EQ and I think the speakers are great. Mids and highs are much crisper. I'm sure there's a couple options out there for you, there's a few radios that take memory sticks that you can load up with songs, and the memory stick itself is behind the face plate so you'd ever see it. I don't blame you for being lazy, it's the reason mypost count is still so low in comparison to others that joined around the same time I did And installing a double DIN into the base location definitely isn't for someone who doesn't want to work hahaa
I hear ya, and I'll most likely upgrade my speakers eventually... it's just too much like work at this point. I do enough of that work thing, without "Playing with my truck" too

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: big horn slt
Color: white
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
dave6558 is on a distinguished road
Default uconnect 5.0 radio.

Just got a '13 pentastar w/8 speed. It has the 5.0 radio with blue tooth. maybe it's me but if there is an actual way to turn the radio off, its beyond me. in the book they call the traditional on-off know a mute switch. and it does silence the radio. but as soon as you turn the key off, the radio comes back on. so if you are staying in the car, you have to mute it again. if you get out, the door switch kills it. but it is on again the next time you start the truck. i'm thinking that this may have to do with the blue tooth always being on. but if this is normal, then it is STUPID in an otherwise beautiful truck.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013
Color: white
Nom is on a distinguished road

There is an almost perfect 2013 SLT/Big Horn on the dealer lot but it does not have the upgraded Alpine like the Sport. The one in the Sport sounds so much better than the other one.

Q.
can I add an amp and sub to the stock 8.4 A easily or is it a major PIA.

Have an Accoustic and Kicker amp sitting in the garage doing nothing, would like to use them if possible.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport crew cab 4x4
Color: inferno red
flipp is on a distinguished road
Default Help with audio upgrades

I have a 2010 dodge ram 1500 crew without the infinity system. I upgraded to the rer nav radio and want to upgrade the speakers and add a sub. The speakers I am going with are the Polk db351 in the dash, in the front doors the Polk db6501 or the Polk db651, and in the rear doors the Polk db651. I was told to power the dash speakers from the radio and use this amp for the other 4 speakers the amp that was suggested is the JL Audio Jx 360/4. Is this a good start? Now the sub I am not sure about I was thinking about a single 10 on the pass. side but I do not know what to get. I am not looking for crazy bass just good sound quality from the system.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Mopar Man VV is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys!

I used to be in the car audio business years ago and avoided buying my own 2008 Ram with the Infinity system because I knew they were a headache to work with. I am helping a friend who has a 2009 Ram with the Infinity system. He blew both of the mid-bass drivers in the front doors. I've been reading through this thread, but haven't found the information I needed yet. My friend needs some answers from me tomorrow, so any advice based on what I'm asking below would be greatly appreciated!

I heard from someone that the newer Ram Infinity systems are now 4ohm, not 2ohm. Is that true? I really need a recommendation on a suitable drop-in driver to recommend to him that will sound good and actually have some decent mid-bass response similar to the Infinity drivers that he blew. Do you know of a good 6x9 mid-bass that would work? If not, how about a 6.5" or 6.75"? Would the shallow Kicker CompRT 6.75" work? Or does the door have too much airspace for them to sound good? ANY recommendations are appreciated, including a reasonably priced component system that would drop right in to replace both the door speakers and dash mid-tweets without doing any re-wiring, thus retaining the Infinity amp.
I may also suggest he go with a 4 channel amp getting signal from the appropriate Pac-Audio Interface Part No. C2A-CHY23
(http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28), Two channels would be bridged on one sub, and two channels powering what drivers we decide on for the front doors, so any further recommendation based on the front doors being amplified with 50 to 100 watts RMS to each door would be helpful as well.
ANY advice and recommendations would be appreciated! We're under a time constraint to get my friend's system done. I spent the weekend researching this and really haven't yet found a great, reasonably priced solution yet. I wish I had found this forum last week! Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Rep:12
Speedogomer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom View Post
There is an almost perfect 2013 SLT/Big Horn on the dealer lot but it does not have the upgraded Alpine like the Sport. The one in the Sport sounds so much better than the other one.

Q.
can I add an amp and sub to the stock 8.4 A easily or is it a major PIA.

Have an Accoustic and Kicker amp sitting in the garage doing nothing, would like to use them if possible.

Thanks.
I'm no audio expert, but I had the same problem as you. I found a perfect truck... with no Alpine system. I looked at user reviews, and most people are not impressed with the Alpine system, and form what I understand that system makes it harder to upgrade later anyways.

I'm in the process of shopping around to upgrade my base system. There's no reason you can't buy new speakers, add an amp to drive the speakers, and add your own underseat sub. In the end, it will cost more than the $300ish Ram charges for the Alpine, but will sound much better.

I've found some good aftermarket Alpine 6x9's, $60 a pair. Alpine sells a small 4 channel amp that while isn't a powerhouse, will add a nice extra punch. Those will be my first few modifications, if I require more bass after that, I'll look into an underseat sub.

speakers: http://www.caraudiogiants.com/alpine..._store=default

Amp: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/alpine-k...ngId=221617820
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Black
10BlackRamGB is on a distinguished road
Default Bluetooth streaming or not?

Hey guys im new to the site and new to dodge vehicles in general. I love my ram and it had an res radio in it when i bought it with uconnect and bluetooth. I purchased an rbi 6.5 touchscreen radio on ebay and installed it and it works with no issues except i have no options for bluetooth streaming. I was under the impression if i could connect my phone to the radio bluetooth, i could also stream music bluetooth? Am i wrong in that statement?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

No, bluetooth is bluetooth. It should work. Wish I could be more help.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Larimie CC 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
mcandies is on a distinguished road
Angry HID lights cause radio reception loss

Okay guys. Just had Oracle HIDs professionaly installed on my 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie 3500. When I turn on the lights my radio reception drops off. They relocated the ballasts, installed ferritts on out going wires, wrapped ballast with lead, nothing helps. Contacted Oracle and they say they don't know how to fix this. Is there a solution besides removing the HIDs.
Closed Thread